Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

Old Oct 15th 2010, 1:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

Most evenings as i sit on my patio im accompanied by a number of different gecko's my kids have names for them all and we really enjoy their company.
We also have a few different tree frogs who come and say hello as well. My kids are so thrilled to see these but keep asking me where they go during the day and im stumped as i dont know.
As its heading towards the wet season up in Darwin we are certainly seeing more of the tree frogs and they are not bothered by us going up to them.
the other night i had one sat on my drinks fridge while i went and got a drink out.
Tonight while i let the dog out for his late night pee i had a frog follow me around the path, my daft dog never seems to notice them or if he does he is not interested in them.
So does any one know where my visitors are likely to be during the day?
Mandy
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:29 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day

When you notice strange little raised marks appearing on all your walls, you'll realise where they go. We don't have any in Sydney (in an apartment) but in Singapore ours lived mostly behind pictures and beams on the ceiling, and poo'd everywhere They're great though, keep the insects under control.

We're currently in a villa in Bali and have tons of them. They're not shy at any time of day and last night two were having an almightly row, really noisy (they're known as chk-chks in Sg for the noise they make).

We also have a fish poind outside the open air bathroom and have tiny frogs (about a 50 cents coin) leaping around the bathroom. And large lizards taking a swim in the pool
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Frogs, lizards, bugs...

Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

You tend to find the tree frogs under cool things with a gap under like a plant pot or large rock etc. Gecko's go in cracks in roof or eaves, behind your pictures inside the house and on top of curtain rails.
Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Most evenings as i sit on my patio im accompanied by a number of different gecko's my kids have names for them all and we really enjoy their company.
We also have a few different tree frogs who come and say hello as well. My kids are so thrilled to see these but keep asking me where they go during the day and im stumped as i dont know.
As its heading towards the wet season up in Darwin we are certainly seeing more of the tree frogs and they are not bothered by us going up to them.
the other night i had one sat on my drinks fridge while i went and got a drink out.
Tonight while i let the dog out for his late night pee i had a frog follow me around the path, my daft dog never seems to notice them or if he does he is not interested in them.
So does any one know where my visitors are likely to be during the day?
Mandy
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:36 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Polly has a large pair of possoms hanging out at her place
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
She will not admit she has grown out of that top, I'll grant you ...
Old Oct 15th 2010, 11:42 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly

They've taken over your position on the porch, told them they have to be willing to share

Originally Posted by DeadVim
She will not admit she has grown out of that top, I'll grant you ...

Pongo and Perdita
Attached Thumbnails Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-p1020284.jpg   Where do tree frogs and gecko's go during the day-p1020285.jpg  
Old Oct 16th 2010, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
When you notice strange little raised marks appearing on all your walls, you'll realise where they go. We don't have any in Sydney (in an apartment) but in Singapore ours lived mostly behind pictures and beams on the ceiling, and poo'd everywhere They're great though, keep the insects under control.

We're currently in a villa in Bali and have tons of them. They're not shy at any time of day and last night two were having an almightly row, really noisy (they're known as chk-chks in Sg for the noise they make).

We also have a fish poind outside the open air bathroom and have tiny frogs (about a 50 cents coin) leaping around the bathroom. And large lizards taking a swim in the pool
Havent got any pictures up on the walls yet,but i shall look for little trails lol
we get the odd lizard pop by but we dont have any garden onaments or water features etc in the garden but im thinking of getting some little water features and pots soon. As the house needs something to brighten it up.
Mandy
Old Oct 16th 2010, 5:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Havent got any pictures up on the walls yet,but i shall look for little trails lol
we get the odd lizard pop by but we dont have any garden onaments or water features etc in the garden but im thinking of getting some little water features and pots soon. As the house needs something to brighten it up.
Mandy
I've got a couple of geckoes that lurk in my place, certainly keep the insects down, they'll even eat cockroaches.

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 16th 2010 at 5:47 am.
Old Oct 16th 2010, 8:28 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I've got a couple of geckoes that lurk in my place, certainly keep the insects down, they'll even eat cockroaches.
and that's one of the reasons I love them so much
Old Oct 16th 2010, 9:39 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Ma hoose!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:11 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

I think Gecko's are cool, I have run of the mill one's and a leaf tail one as well.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 6:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
I think Gecko's are cool, I have run of the mill one's and a leaf tail one as well.
we had loads of geckos when we first moved in here, but the cat sorted them out. i love geckos too
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by soapy©
we had loads of geckos when we first moved in here, but the cat sorted them out. i love geckos too
The dog found the possum asleep in the staghorn yesterday ended up with possum 15 ft up the tree instead of hiis original 5 ft.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute

They've taken over your position on the porch, told them they have to be willing to share

Pongo and Perdita
Possums are so cute since moving here to maitand from mackay i have seen alot less of frogs/geckos and possums in our garden but then we are in a more built up area
we have more of the spiders/cockroaches/ants now!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.