Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Nerja Museum a new attraction in town

Nerja Museum a new attraction in town

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

marqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to all
Default Nerja Museum a new attraction in town

After the usual political wranglings which left the finished building (complete with exhibits and security guard) closed for months and months the Nerja Museum is finally going to open on Tuesday (Dia de la Constitución).

I went to the preview opening much earlier in the year (after which it shut due to the above mentioned wranglings) and it looks very interesting - lots of old photos and videos, finds from the times of the Phoenicians and Romans, and lots about the Nerja Caves.

If you are visiting Nerja and are going to the caves and fancy the museum too you can get a discount ticket to visit both (€12.50)
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nerja Museum a new attraction in town

Thanks for this. I have a 3 day break next week and nerja is a possibility for one of those days.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Jontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura about

I agree, this is well worth a visit. I also visited on the inaugural opening day and found it really interesting. I cannot believe that it then closed for so long as it did not have an 'opening licence' from the Ayuntamiento!! I was surprised how big it was ranging over three or four floors.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where is it ?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

marqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to all

Its in Plaza de España behind the town hall - tucked away in the far left corner if you are entering the square from the town hall side