Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

LI extended adjudication after interview...

LI extended adjudication after interview...

Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

mark_bradford is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LI extended adjudication after interview...

Hi all, would love some advice or comment please on my predicament.

A brief synopsis;

I have been entering the US regularly for the past 10 yrs having vacations and buying a couple of vacation homes - upto 4 times in 2006 for a week at a time. In 2007 i decided to take time out and learn to fly and applied successfully for an M1 visa. Whilst in the early stages of flying my father-in-law was diagnosed with emphysema and decided to spend a couple of months with us to recuperate. This brought an end to my flying and after his stay we returned to the UK. Seven months in total. On my return i was reemployed by my last employer to fill a vacancy, coincidentally in the USA.

We used an attorney to do the necessary paperwork for an L1. We had approval from the USCIS but at the interview the officer almost immediately told us would need to have our case reviewed. The remainder of the interview was querying my travel over the years and the M1 training. We are now 3 weeks since the interview and have no word.

I guess i'm curious to know if this is normal and more importantly, does it sound ominous for approval. Basically I'm fired if i don't get the visa.

Appreciate any comments

KR

Mark
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LI extended adjudication after interview...

Originally Posted by mark_bradford
Hi all, would love some advice or comment please on my predicament.

A brief synopsis;

I have been entering the US regularly for the past 10 yrs having vacations and buying a couple of vacation homes - upto 4 times in 2006 for a week at a time. In 2007 i decided to take time out and learn to fly and applied successfully for an M1 visa. Whilst in the early stages of flying my father-in-law was diagnosed with emphysema and decided to spend a couple of months with us to recuperate. This brought an end to my flying and after his stay we returned to the UK. Seven months in total. On my return i was reemployed by my last employer to fill a vacancy, coincidentally in the USA.

We used an attorney to do the necessary paperwork for an L1. We had approval from the USCIS but at the interview the officer almost immediately told us would need to have our case reviewed. The remainder of the interview was querying my travel over the years and the M1 training. We are now 3 weeks since the interview and have no word.

I guess i'm curious to know if this is normal and more importantly, does it sound ominous for approval. Basically I'm fired if i don't get the visa.

Appreciate any comments

KR

Mark
The L visa is for intra company tranfers ...
you don't say how long you was employed by the overseas company
was it more than 12 months inthe last 3 years
And of course flight training is especially looked at...
Old Mar 4th 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

mark_bradford is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry Ray

I was employed for 5 years in the UK by my current employer. They started a US subsidiary 6 months ago and need a UK bod over there to over see the day to day.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 1:12 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark_bradford
Sorry Ray

I was employed for 5 years in the UK by my current employer. They started a US subsidiary 6 months ago and need a UK bod over there to over see the day to day.

I hope this helps.
Then I suspect the flight training may be the cause
for the further look at . after 911 ..it became a major point