Riots.

Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Riots.

But he would have had to have done that in advance.

It's not as if Met Police numbers have been cut by anything like that kind of number.

I am inclined to agree with you, though, that cutting police in these times is less than wise. Thatcher knew better than that.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:18 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DC10
But he would have had to have done that in advance.

It's not as if Met Police numbers have been cut by anything like that kind of number.

I am inclined to agree with you, though, that cutting police in these times is less than wise. Thatcher knew better than that.
Yup agreed but he was warned not to reduce on the street bobby's as trouble was just around the corner, by his commissioners.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Genesis
Its NOT murder. Its something that other countries do, looting will be dealt with by lethal force. What is the problem? Don't want to get shot? Don't riot or loot. You make these bastards sound like the victims. I don't care what shit they have in their lives there is never an excuse for this crap.
next you'll be saying that nicking a pair of Nikes is as horrendous as "scuttling her majesty's battleships"
but then rapists should be shot, suppose the same goes for murderers, armed robbers, etc, etc

I've been on both sides of the justice system from the expert's point of view and seen plenty of cases where people have be wrongly convicted or could have been convicted if it wasn't for a chance remark, a good bit of detective work by the defence team, etc

But shooting "the bastards" cuts out the middle man. I'm sure that will help to get youth on side and show them great role models.

Come down hard, deal with the hard core, make examples of them and then get the people in those areas on side by dealing with the community leaders. Sort out the shooting, what happened, who was responsible and mete out some discipline in the Met if required.

Shooting at rioters on the streets of Britain is crazy (even Maggie didn't go that far) as is arming every uniformed NZ police officer. Just increases the level of violence. Only do that when all else fails. Let's hope it never gets to that.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 11:26 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my friends who lives in Northampton said they are sending the northants police to London! So god knows what happens if anything happens in Northampton in the meantime! Bloody ridiculous
Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:55 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14458424

Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Leither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud ofLeither has much to be proud of

First fatality:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-16034399.html
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:16 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
.......I've been on both sides of the justice system from the expert's point of view and seen plenty of cases where people have be wrongly convicted or could have been convicted if it wasn't for a chance remark, a good bit of detective work by the defence team, etc.......
oddly enough I'm just listening to "fire chief" D%uglas F%gg trying to justify his half-baked scene work that got a man executed for a fire that had no sign of being deliberate in cause. Makes my blood boil. How can these idiots continue to get away with imcompetence that results in the conviction and death of innocent people?
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:23 pm
Just Joined

MikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really niceMikeAlly is just really nice

It was all happening down my road last night (Bethnal Green) and this is just the icing on the cake now! I can't bare to be in London for much longer it is and always has been full of negative energy. I am fortunate I won't have to be around the underclass for much longer.
Proper scum ferrel youths who have no ambition or motivation to get a job.
INZ please hurry with our visa!
Old Aug 9th 2011, 1:40 pm
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by MikeAlly
......INZ please hurry with our visa!
I heard John Key with the support of ACT is looking to close the border to ferral scum so no-one with a British Passport is allowed back into NZ until the borders are opened again.

Suggestion is that border restrictions might be lifted shortly after the 2012 Olympics - unless NZ First hold the balance of power after the next election and then Winston will only allow in old-grey ferral-scum.........then you'll need to show a copy of the Mail on Sunday, the Listener and Readers Digest before you can pass immigration. Sorry.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

The riots are now about half a mile from my boys place in the uk.
I think he'll be ok as long as the rioters don't get a bit peckish and raid
the chip shop that is below his flat.

The current situation is the result of decades of social neglect by successive governments.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 9:00 pm
Old Jerk

kaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nicekaihoe is just really nice

There doesnt seem to be much rioting going on up the North East,Newcastle Sunderland Middlesborough,Always knew the Geordies and Mackems had all the good sense. Haway The Lads
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:25 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by kaihoe
There doesnt seem to be much rioting going on up the North East,Newcastle Sunderland Middlesborough,Always knew the Geordies and Mackems had all the good sense. Haway The Lads
they went through the mill with the Miner's Strike so perhaps that wound is a little too raw.

but to be controversial perhaps there are not the "unintegrated communities" in those areas that are present in most of the places where the rioting has been seen?? Bristol, Hackney, Salford, Brum, Wolvo, etc.

lived in the NE, midlands, Manchester and London and to be honest the levels of depravation and long standing social neglect are pretty equal, so could it be a sign that multiculturalism has indeed failed in the UK?
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:33 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lardyl
they went through the mill with the Miner's Strike so perhaps that wound is a little too raw.

but to be controversial perhaps there are not the "unintegrated communities" in those areas that are present in most of the places where the rioting has been seen?? Bristol, Hackney, Salford, Brum, Wolvo, etc.

lived in the NE, midlands, Manchester and London and to be honest the levels of depravation and long standing social neglect are pretty equal, so could it be a sign that multiculturalism has indeed failed in the UK?
Multiculturalism not working? Really you only just realised??
Old Aug 10th 2011, 4:45 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Justcol
The riots are now about half a mile from my boys place in the uk.
I think he'll be ok as long as the rioters don't get a bit peckish and raid
the chip shop that is below his flat.

The current situation is the result of decades of social neglect by successive governments.
I hope he's ok? My brother is one stop on the tube from Clapham and had a night of sirens and fires, but he says it's quieter now.
Old Aug 10th 2011, 5:09 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by love30stm
Multiculturalism not working? Really you only just realised??
we tried pretty hard in the areas I lived and worked in - lots of my mates were from those groups and to be honest as first (in some cases) and second generation immigrants they did pretty well, but since then it seems that the hard core have stepped in on both sides and as I understand it several of the European governments have recently officially admitted that they've not managed to achieve a balanced stable multicultural society

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.