Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help and any advise on Accommodation Budget ???

Help and any advise on Accommodation Budget ???

Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:34 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help and any advise on Accommodation Budget ???

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Nope, didn't do that for me... I got the same set of results. Are you pasting the URL into the correct location?
Ah, got it this time.

I tried a photo from the guardian and found the same photo elsewhere and then there was an option for similar ones.

Now all I need is a PI licence and a case to investigate.

Thanks.
Old Apr 20th 2014, 3:36 am
Just Joined

yogiBC is an unknown quantity at this point

hey there
on the wages your talking about your gonna struggle to make a living..
I cannot see you affording to stay in downtown Vancouver at all.
I have been here for over 4 years and make a good wage but still find that ime watching every dollar.
between mortage/rent ...gas for your vehicle and insurance and the general cost of MSRP ,,Groceries, and then other bills ime sure ime missing....your going to struggle a lot.
Sorry guys if its not what you expected...
Also finding work here is not so easy...
Old Apr 20th 2014, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

What do you consider a good wage yogi?
Old Apr 20th 2014, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, we did away with cable this past September and use Netflix and apple TV (using a laptop and mediahint on the TV is awesome)

Honestly I don't think they're being too optimistic about the price of accommodation (as mentioned, I'd be wary or bed bug buildings and the slim chance if getting a furnished place) , but I would personally prefer to be down in Kitsilano or somewhere around there, downtown isn't my favourite area.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

If you're trying to live in Vancouver on a budget, don't bother with a car. It's a needless expense. Unlike most Canadian cities, Vancouver (and I'm talking Vancouver proper, not Langley, not Chilliwack, not White Rock, not Squamish, etc.) is one of the few cities where you can live without a car easily. Having done so for many years, I'm a big advocate of living in Vancouver car free. However, it makes road trips more difficult. In those situations, hire a car, use one of the many car sharing programs, or befriend somebody with a car.
Old Apr 27th 2014, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Ah, got it this time.

I tried a photo from the guardian and found the same photo elsewhere and then there was an option for similar ones.

Now all I need is a PI licence and a case to investigate.

Thanks.
Friend tried to contact this guy below and she said he was stoned as well as selling a non existent place.

Scams

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...441670683.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...441700071.html
"Call Guy at 604-441-9550 to set up viewing."

Craigslist should have a report function, with police notified
Old Apr 27th 2014, 8:51 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by januarymix
Friend tried to contact this guy below and she said he was stoned as well as selling a non existent place.

Scams

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...441670683.html

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...441700071.html
"Call Guy at 604-441-9550 to set up viewing."

Craigslist should have a report function, with police notified
They do. Click on the 'prohibited' link at the top of the advert.

Information on it can be found here: http://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited

Old Apr 27th 2014, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Siouxie
They do. Click on the 'prohibited' link at the top of the advert.

Information on it can be found here: http://www.craigslist.org/about/prohibited

Oh that's better. I'll let her know too - thanks Siouxie!

Can't believe how many scammers there are, these people have no scruples?

Scummy