Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Moved to Barbados a week ago

Moved to Barbados a week ago

Old Sep 11th 2013, 12:39 am
Just Joined

fifion11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moved to Barbados a week ago

Hello all,

I recently moved to Barbados a week ago from London, and so far I am loving it. I am staying 5mins away from the beach in Christ Church.

I didn't do much research as I am surprised as to how expensive food and goods are.

I don't hold a work permit or any other documents but wondered what the possibilities of gaining suitable employment are. I am a degree holder in Real Estate.

Thanks,

Fifiona11
Old Sep 12th 2013, 2:17 am

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moved to Barbados a week ago

not going to happen without a work permit.. and not sure, unless you hold substantial qualifications that no one else here has, that one would be granted. if you are here on a visitors visa you really wouldn't be able to work..
Old Sep 12th 2013, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

nilocp is an unknown quantity at this point

Real Estate!!! You really should have done (alot) more research about Barbados!

The island is well supported for Real estate agents, and I doubt any of them are making any money as very little is selling!

And if you get caught working without a work permit, they will put you on the next flight back to the UK.

I applied for a work permit (refused) and the process took about 18 months. But I was still in the UK.

Enjoy your stay in Barbados.
Old Feb 23rd 2014, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

cocobreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fifion11
Hello all,

I recently moved to Barbados a week ago from London, and so far I am loving it. I am staying 5mins away from the beach in Christ Church.

I didn't do much research as I am surprised as to how expensive food and goods are.

I don't hold a work permit or any other documents but wondered what the possibilities of gaining suitable employment are. I am a degree holder in Real Estate.

Thanks,

Fifiona11
Hi Fiona

I see u are new to Barbados. I am looking for friends to hang out with as I don't know many people on the island. Would be great to hear back from u. What brings u to Barbados?

Cheers
Tish