Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Cirque du Sunny Rip Off ????

Cirque du Sunny Rip Off ????

Old Jul 25th 2011, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cirque du Sunny Rip Off ????

Went to see Dralion yesterday in Winnipeg, which firstly I had been looking forward too, and really enjoyed. But. On reflection i feel a little cheated because when all the fancy lights,costumes, atmospheric music singing and dancing is done the show only had 4 acts. It all took just over 2 hours, and was amazing,but it was mainly just filling, very pretty and excellently excecuted filling but just 4 acts. The fact that the MTS was probably less than half full was dissapointing and that a beer cost $10 killed me, but I came out thinking wanting more from the show its self.
Old Jul 25th 2011, 8:18 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cirque du Sunny Rip Off ????

I think to see cirque in it's fullest you need to go to Vegas and see it in their specially designed theatres

I agree that the cirque tent show I saw in Toronto wasn't a patch on the Vegas shows
Old Jul 26th 2011, 11:08 am
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

I've only been to one show. That was Quidam in Ottawa a few weeks ago. I really enjoyed it and I wasn't expecting to. I imagine the Vegas shows to be breathtaking.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:02 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Cirque De Soleil 'Alegria' in Halifax a couple of years ago and paid around $150 for 2 tickets. I thought the costumes were too bizarre and a bit scarey to be honest. The acrobatics were great but on the whole the show was too weird. One piece of music seemed to drone on and on................... I was soooo disappointed (and creeped out)

Check out the clowns eeeeeeek!
Attached Thumbnails Cirque du Sunny Rip Off ????-cirque-du-soleil-alegria-2.jpg  

Last edited by Cookie; Jul 26th 2011 at 12:04 pm. Reason: added ticket prices
Old Jul 26th 2011, 12:08 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

When we saw "Ka" in Vegas, its the only time I've ever been actually , physically scared for the safety of the performers. Breath taking wasn't the word !
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
When we saw "Ka" in Vegas, its the only time I've ever been actually , physically scared for the safety of the performers. Breath taking wasn't the word !
The performances were stunning, but just wayyyyyyyy to much pading out with some dances and weird and wonderful music and song ( sung in god only knows what tongue)
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:23 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gremmie
The performances were stunning, but just wayyyyyyyy to much pading out with some dances and weird and wonderful music and song ( sung in god only knows what tongue)
I thought the lyrics were deliberately made to be nonsense.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Souvy
I thought the lyrics were deliberately made to be nonsense.
Yeah 2 hours of Trallala's & Alli Leahyas wear a tad thin.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 3:06 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Viva Elvis in Vegas the other month. ****ing brilliant
Old Jul 26th 2011, 3:32 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
Watched Viva Elvis in Vegas the other month. ****ing brilliant
The complete lineup for the PNE has been announced and among some of the shows are An Evening with Elvis and Donny Osmond.

PNE Concert Lineup

Added to note, that the Super Dogs are definitely worth the shout. The trick with the PNE if you're driving is to pay one of the Chinese residents so you can park your car in their garden and then stroll over to the front gate.

Last edited by Oink; Jul 26th 2011 at 3:39 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oink
The complete lineup for the PNE has been announced and among some of the shows are An Evening with Elvis and Donny Osmond.

PNE Concert Lineup

Added to note, that the Super Dogs are definitely worth the shout. The trick with the PNE if you're driving is to pay one of the Chinese residents so you can park your car in their garden and then stroll over to the front gate.
This has what to do with this thread ???????
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:16 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

There's a point to this thread
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by el_richo
There's a point to this thread
Point not so much, but it does have a subject matter which is not PNE in Vancouver.
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:35 pm
Banned

ultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond reputeultrarunner has a reputation beyond repute

The owner recently came back from space and decided to sell one of the many versions of his picture books for 7k

http://montreal.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=MontrealHome
Old Jul 26th 2011, 4:45 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

El Richio mentioned Elvis, the PNE is an event, plus the thing you went to. The common theme here is that they're all Canadian and can only really be appreciated pissed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.