PR question

Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:17 am
Just Joined

tdenniso1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PR question

Hi there

I have been living and working in Australia for just over 2 years. I have worked for the same company for 2 years working in IT, the first 6 month was on a contract basis the last year and a half I have been on a 457 visa. I would like to apply for permanent residency but am unsure of which visa to apply for? Also since I do not have a university education I have heard being employed for 2 years in the same company is useful for PR applications however is this 2 employment as a permanent member of staff or can I count the 6 months I worked as a contractor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PR question

If you don't think you will qualify for the skilled migrant independently (not enough info for me to have a view) then you could ask your employer to sponsor for the permanent ENS visa. The occupation would need to be on the ENSOL and you would need to have been on the 457 for two years so you can't do it just yet.

When you say you were contracting what do you mean - what visa were you on, was it a WHV?

Here is what you need to read.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...bclass-856.htm
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:53 am
Just Joined

Yep was contracting on a WHV
Old Jan 30th 2010, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

OK well I recommend you talk to employer and ask if they would be willing to sponsor you in six months time.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:06 am
Just Joined

Thank you