police reports

Old Aug 16th 2002, 7:48 pm
Bob

Default police reports

Hello All, sorry if this is posted twice, I think my computer ate the first post.
I read on another page that when my fiancée's visa is processed by NSC (if ever, only
at 85 days) that the embassy will require police reports from everywhere she has
lived for over 6 months. My fiancée was married before and lived in the US for 2
years more than ten years ago, will they ask for a report from that far back? If so,
what kind of report should she be trying to get? Is there anything else she should
get while we wait the NSC version of 100 days? Thanks Bob

Old Aug 16th 2002, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: police reports

Originally posted by Bob:
Hello All, sorry if this is posted twice, I think my computer ate the first post.
I read on another page that when my fiancée's visa is processed by NSC (if ever, only
at 85 days) that the embassy will require police reports from everywhere she has
lived for over 6 months. My fiancée was married before and lived in the US for 2
years more than ten years ago, will they ask for a report from that far back? If so,
what kind of report should she be trying to get? Is there anything else she should
get while we wait the NSC version of 100 days? Thanks Bob
My fiance' and I also filed through the NSC. From all the information I have encountered (and I am by no means an expert!) we have found that you need police reports for anywhere they lived for more than 6 months starting at age 16. My fiance' was in the US for several years so we've been doing a lot of research trying to find out how to go about getting this report so we can be ready when Nebraska finally gets around to approving us!

We found the link below to have the most info as far as fees, where to send requests and any special forms required to get these reports.

Good luck and Best Wishes!

http://www.geocities.com/canadian_im...lub/state.html
Old Aug 17th 2002, 12:29 am
Squire

In article <[email protected]>, hmiller
<[email protected]> writes
    >Originally posted by Bob:
    >> Hello All, sorry if this is posted twice, I think my computer ate the first
    >> post. I read on another page that when my fiancée's visa is processed by NSC (if
    >> ever, only at 85 days) that the embassy will require police reports from
    >> everywhere she has lived for over 6 months. My fiancée was married before and
    >> lived in the US for 2 years more than ten years ago, will they ask for a report
    >> from that far back? If so, what kind of report should she be trying to get? Is
    >> there anything else she should get while we wait the NSC version of 100 days?
    >> Thanks Bob
    >My fiance' and I also filed through the NSC. From all the information I have
    >encountered (and I am by no means an expert!) we have found that you need police
    >reports for anywhere they lived for more than 6 months starting at age 16. My
    >fiance' was in the US for several years so we've been doing a lot of research trying
    >to find out how to go about getting this report so we can be ready when Nebraska
    >finally gets around to approving us!

<http://www.usem-
bassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/fprocessing.htm>

"Police Certificates: On receipt of the OF-230-I, the Immigrant Visa Unit will
notify you whether or not police certificates are required and advise as to how
they are obtained. All applicants 16 years of age and over are required to
furnish a police certificate (certificate of good conduct) to cover any period
of residence of twelve months or more since reaching the age of sixteen; the
period of residence is six months if country of birth or current residence."

<http://www.usembass-
y.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/pbcerts.htm>

"Do not attempt to obtain police certificates covering residence in any of the
following countries or areas, as they either are not available or may be
obtained only by this office on your behalf:"

Included in the list of countries where you do not have to obtain a police
certificate yourself is United States of America.

--
squire Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho)

Old Aug 19th 2002, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Squire:
In article <[email protected]>, hmiller
<[email protected]> writes
    >Originally posted by Bob:
    >> Hello All, sorry if this is posted twice, I think my computer ate the first
    >> post. I read on another page that when my fiancée's visa is processed by NSC (if
    >> ever, only at 85 days) that the embassy will require police reports from
    >> everywhere she has lived for over 6 months. My fiancée was married before and
    >> lived in the US for 2 years more than ten years ago, will they ask for a report
    >> from that far back? If so, what kind of report should she be trying to get? Is
    >> there anything else she should get while we wait the NSC version of 100 days?
    >> Thanks Bob
    >My fiance' and I also filed through the NSC. From all the information I have
    >encountered (and I am by no means an expert!) we have found that you need police
    >reports for anywhere they lived for more than 6 months starting at age 16. My
    >fiance' was in the US for several years so we've been doing a lot of research trying
    >to find out how to go about getting this report so we can be ready when Nebraska
    >finally gets around to approving us!

<http://www.usem-
bassy.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/fprocessing.htm>

"Police Certificates: On receipt of the OF-230-I, the Immigrant Visa Unit will
notify you whether or not police certificates are required and advise as to how
they are obtained. All applicants 16 years of age and over are required to
furnish a police certificate (certificate of good conduct) to cover any period
of residence of twelve months or more since reaching the age of sixteen; the
period of residence is six months if country of birth or current residence."

<http://www.usembass-
y.org.uk/cons_web/visa/iv/pbcerts.htm>

"Do not attempt to obtain police certificates covering residence in any of the
following countries or areas, as they either are not available or may be
obtained only by this office on your behalf:"

Included in the list of countries where you do not have to obtain a police
certificate yourself is United States of America.

--
squire Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho)
Looks like you just saved my fiance' and I some time Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.