Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We want to move ASAP !

We want to move ASAP !

Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We want to move ASAP !

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If your job is not on the occupation lists, then it doesn't matter how many jobs you think there are, you cannot get sponsored or get a visa. I would be surprised to be honest, that Australia with above 6% unemployment, would be struggling to fill these modern IT types of roles. Anyway, that is not the point, it is the occupation lists that matter, maybe you need to take another look and make sure you check the CSOL not just the SOL.

I do think you have hit the nail on the head re your OH, if you go on working holiday visas he could just end up shooting himself in the foot before he is properly established. Maybe you should set Australia as a medium term goal and work on establishing yourselves first.
Yep that's right, my OH works in a very good company, he works with man who is about to retire and wants to pass on his knowledge. So it's probably wiser to stay in France for a while, so he would be able to improve his welding skills... he could also improve his english while we are still here. My only fear is that his job gets removed from the SOL list if we wait until we're ready !

What is the difference between the CSOL list and SOL list ?
Old Apr 19th 2014, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

babyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond reputebabyposer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Here's an idea. Rock on down to Oz on the young persons visa thing. Pick a few apples, see the country, and at the same time line up some interviews and scout around. You never know. Someone may like you and offer a 457.
Yeah it could be a good idea, but we heard it was hard to get a fruit picking job as there are too many people coming on a WHV. Plus we only have 8500£ so it don't know how long we'll be able to live with this sum of money.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyposer
Yeah it could be a good idea, but we heard it was hard to get a fruit picking job as there are too many people coming on a WHV. Plus we only have 8500£ so it don't know how long we'll be able to live with this sum of money.
Do some brick laying then
Old Apr 20th 2014, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

You don't have to pick fruit? You can do whatever work you can get on a WHV x
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah I know, but when you listen to the radio or watch TV, everyone's like 'it's hard to get a job in Australia because there's too many people on WHV' so this is a bit disheartening...
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light

Why don't you try a few jobs sites with visas attached like skilled migrant jobs ? If I was your age again with no kids, I'd try all 3 places for a year each, your partner would get a job pretty much anywhere however I'm not sure what your job is sorry. Bare in mind whv have stipulations in place where you can only work for 6 months for the same company.

Good luck and just go for it !
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh and your above post about not enough jobs made me laugh. My sister was over on a whv for a year ( just left in February ) and had 3 jobs going with a few more being offered. You just need to ask around and believe me they're lots of jobs here in Queensland.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks riccardo

It's nice that your sister got jobs easily !!

Well maybe I spoke to the wrong people about the jobs haha!

My job is, well, online advertising and writing the content of websites (it has to be done in a certain way to get more people to visit the website).