Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Do you get this email from Buffalo?

Do you get this email from Buffalo?

Old Apr 10th 2012, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Richard_SINP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Do you get this email from Buffalo?

My file was transferred back from CPP-O. And I got this email from Buffalo

Your application is in process in Buffalo. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Canadian Consulate General Buffalo

Is that mean my PR Visa will be issued in Buffalo later or they may still transfer to other VO?
Old Apr 10th 2012, 2:32 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Do you get this email from Buffalo?

Originally Posted by Richard_SINP
My file was transferred back from CPP-O. And I got this email from Buffalo

Your application is in process in Buffalo. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Is that mean my PR Visa will be issued in Buffalo later or they may still transfer to other VO?
Hi,
We have not heard anything from Buffalo, just the email from Ottawa saying everything was in order and that file has gone back to Buffalo for visas to be issued, etc. Told 6-10 weeks (from Mar 9 2012) before we would hear and still nothing. Hoping that file should now remain in Buffalo

Please can you post your timeline from app to CPP Ottawa?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Richard_SINP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by snowcandy
Hi,
We have not heard anything from Buffalo, just the email from Ottawa saying everything was in order and that file has gone back to Buffalo for visas to be issued, etc. Told 6-10 weeks (from Mar 9 2012) before we would hear and still nothing. Hoping that file should now remain in Buffalo

Please can you post your timeline from app to CPP Ottawa?
Here is my timeline:
Visa Office......: Buffalo (CPP-Ottawa)
App. Filed.......: 19-09-2011
Nomination.....: 02-09-2011
AOR Received.: 23-11-2011
File Transfer...: Transferred back from CPP-O to Buffalo on 22-02-2012
Med's Request: 23-11-2011
Med's Done....: 05-12-2011, MER 25-12-2011

Have you ever contact Buffalo after CPP-O transferred yr file. How Buffalo reply on you?
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:33 pm
Don't call me MOM!!

snowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of lightsnowcandy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Richard_SINP
Here is my timeline:
Visa Office......: Buffalo (CPP-Ottawa)
App. Filed.......: 19-09-2011
Nomination.....: 02-09-2011
AOR Received.: 23-11-2011
File Transfer...: Transferred back from CPP-O to Buffalo on 22-02-2012
Med's Request: 23-11-2011
Med's Done....: 05-12-2011, MER 25-12-2011

Have you ever contact Buffalo after CPP-O transferred yr file. How Buffalo reply on you?
Hi, we emailed Ottawa a couple of times and they replied pretty quickly and were more than helpful. From what I have heard Buffalo don't respond to emails for ages and when they do it's a fairly stroppy "don't contact us we'll contact you" response.

Did Ottawa contact you to say your file had gone back or did you just hear from Buffalo? Most of us appear to have been emailed by Ottawa with a timeframe when the file returned to Buffalo. However these seem to range from 1 -3 weeks to 120 days See the CPP Ottawa thread.

There are several others with file return around your date so keep your eye on the above thread

Another waiting game...........
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You also have to consider that these offices are dealing with thousands of applications and if they took time to reply to all status requests then they would never get any work done on the actual applications

I know its frustrating but thats the way the system is.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I've had pretty much the same sort of email from them before. I sent one at the end of last month asking what the status was on my application after I too had sent in my medicals.
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

Immigration Section
www.buffalo.gc.ca
It seems to nudge them into action though, I got my passport request a day after that email response. It shouldn't really work like that, I'd rather everything was just processed in a proper queue, but there you go.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully these job cuts or jobs on the line dont affect the overseas offices

Canada Border Services Agency: 1,137
Citizenship and Immigration: 339
plus non PSAC members
Citizenship and Immigration Canada: 40

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/stor...-job-cuts.html