Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Old Mar 7th 2010, 10:48 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Business Class Airfares to UK / Europe - approx $2700 - $2800 rtn!

Originally Posted by Safin
As bcworld said some agents are great but many thought BNE was in Iran!!
Funny!

Probably a clash of accents - they must've been thinking of BND - Bandar Abbas - check your booking carefully!!! I got them to read everything back to me letter by letter - they had my name so wrong despite the fact that it all should be readily available from my frequent flyer profile.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 12:57 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did anyone else have trouble signing up? I've gone through the application process twice and still not able to.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:15 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by No 15
Did anyone else have trouble signing up? I've gone through the application process twice and still not able to.
So long since I did it...can't remember. It may have been a but picky about the format of addresses & phone numbers though...are you getting any specific error message?

Just a quick update on the numbers...at today's ex. rate of US$0.91 the cost to buy & be gifted the necessary 120k miles for business class (and pay ballpark US$450 for taxes) is about A$2440...so even cheaper than when I first posted.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

my taxes were 226USD in 1st flying BNE BKK LHR.
In business flying BNE BKK frankfurt LHR they were 366USD.

So it seems it depends how many countries you have to pay departure taxes etc on.
Old Mar 8th 2010, 3:05 am
Frequent Flyer Member

my taxes were 226USD in 1st flying BNE BKK LHR.
In business flying BNE BKK frankfurt LHR they were 366USD.

So it seems it depends how many countries you have to pay departure taxes etc on.
By my calculations that FRA stop should add on about 70USD in extra taxes and fuel fines...but who knows how they arrive at the final total!

Out of interest Safin...have you priced up your flights to see how much they are with 'real' money?
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:00 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

BUMP!

I thought I might give this a bump.

If the 10 day rule for signing up does exist then there are only a couple of days left to do this.

When I started this thread the exchange rate was about US$0.87. Today it's over US$0.92. Given Safin's comments re taxes above I reckon the cost for business class could now be between A$2400 - A$2500.

I have done some checking of availability for Xmas 2010 - little to speak of in business class at the moment (to London), however there was some in First & plenty in economy - the latter on both Thai & Singapore Airlines - yes, even the A380! This is for flights departing the weekend before Xmas and the week leading up to it. Economy probably about $2000 all up.

A friend of mine is now travelling first class Melbourne - Vancouver & back in business - for the same price as the economy fare - thanks to this promo.

Last edited by bcworld; Mar 17th 2010 at 10:02 pm.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

hhhmmm, I'd forgotten about this.

I had a look on their web page but it wouldn't let me do anything from Perth (yes I know they are american) but it did for Sydney. I couldn't pay that for it not to work with flights from Perth to Edinburgh.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:38 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Kingseat
hhhmmm, I'd forgotten about this.

I had a look on their web page but it wouldn't let me do anything from Perth (yes I know they are american) but it did for Sydney. I couldn't pay that for it not to work with flights from Perth to Edinburgh.
Not sure where you were looking because as far as I'm aware the US website doesn't offer any sort of availability checking for frequent flyer seats on partner airlines - there are definitely options ex Perth - Thai & Singapore.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Just looked again. Must have been something up last night as it is now recognising Perth. I've signed up and just about to sign up hubby. Still have time to buy the miles before 31 March.

Thanks
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:50 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Just looked again. Must have been something up last night as it is now recognising Perth. I've signed up and just about to sign up hubby. Still have time to buy the miles before 31 March.

Thanks
Where are you seeing Perth though?

If you are using the booking form on the homepage it won't help you in finding availability for frequent flyer seats - I doubt it will even offer you any paid options for a routing like PER - EDI.
Old Mar 17th 2010, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

It was on their registration pages to sign up. Didn't recognise Australia initially and then Perth on departure airports. Got it now though. Might just have been my wireless connection last night.

Will let you know how I go in 10 days time.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

You can't book online for the dividend miles unless in the US and flying with them.

You need to check if any of their partners fly out of perth. Eg for me out of Brisbane it needed to be Singapore or Thai.

They mix and match airlines as they have to book the OZ/UK journey in seperate legs (though on the same ticket). Many of the routes they offered me were via asia and europe and they looked at airlines such as lufthansa, swiss and scandinavian.

4 days to go - so long as Ului doesn't mess me up.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:42 am
Frequent Flyer Member

4 days to go - so long as Ului doesn't mess me up.
Ului is tending north towards Townsville now...you'll be fine. Might get a bit bumpy though...careful not to spill your champagne!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Singapore and Thai both fly out of Perth so the same as the East Coast. Will be quite happy into the likes of Amsterdam. Will wait and see.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bcworld
Ului is tending north towards Townsville now...you'll be fine. Might get a bit bumpy though...careful not to spill your champagne!
spill it - no way - Its obvious you don't know me

Ok just so I don't look a right amongst those who don't have to count the $ What do I have to pay for in 1st? What about in the lounges? Do I get to keep anything? I want a souvenir.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.