Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Telefonica in English language

Telefonica in English language

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

tommyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Telefonica in English language

Does anyone know how to speak to Telefonica in English. I rang 1004, as told to do so by my neighbours, but I just keep getting a Spanish recorded message. My Spanish is pretty basic to say the least. I have posted on other expat forums, but so far no replies.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Telefonica in English language

Originally Posted by tommyboy
Does anyone know how to speak to Telefonica in English. I rang 1004, as told to do so by my neighbours, but I just keep getting a Spanish recorded message. My Spanish is pretty basic to say the least. I have posted on other expat forums, but so far no replies.
The recorded message asks you to outline your problem so they can connect you to the right department.

If you say clearly "english" at the recorded message, it'll connect you with someone who speaks english. The chances of that person actually knowing the answer to your query appears remote, but at least they can tell you that in english.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Yes tell it Puedo hablar en Inglés or more simply just say English. In a minute an English speaking operator comes along. Interestingly, not necessarily a Spanish speaker.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 6:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You can also press 1 after the second sentance, that puts you through to a real person who you can ask to put you through to the english department.

If it is anything to do with ADSL problems you almost have to threaten to move away from their service to get them to do anything, as you are supposed to speak to the Madrid office for ADSL
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Try this number:

917 073921

Unlike 1004 it is not free but should get you an English speaking operator far more quickly.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 10:41 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
Try this number:

917 073921

Unlike 1004 it is not free but should get you an English speaking operator far more quickly.
spanish or english.Usualy Its like talking to a brick wall.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I think, like anything else, it depends on the operator. If you are getting nowhere hang up and try again. The chances of getting the same operator (at least in Spanish) are pretty remote.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:28 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Try this number:

917 073921

I'm pretty sure that's not actually telefonica
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

It is listed on Telefónica's web site.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:09 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

It is listed on Telefónica's web site.
really?

perhaps it's not the one I was thinking of then

there was a number a few years ago that everyone thought was actually telefonica, but wasn't

some people had problems ordering lines through them - I don't think it was a scam - just not clear that it wasn't actually telefonica you were dealing with

I'm sure they were called Telefonica In English though

had a look at the telefonicaonline site - where is the number you gave?

edit - found it -

Last edited by lynnxa; Nov 3rd 2008 at 10:20 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, Telefoníca in English is based in Benalmádena with a 902 number and is nothing whatsoever to do with the real Telefónica. To be avoided at all costs!

See here for the Telefónica page showing the number.

It is actually preceded by 0034 because it is intended for people outside of Spain who are unable to use 1004. (Who said Telefónica is all bad?)

Last edited by Beachcomber; Nov 3rd 2008 at 10:48 am.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:34 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Yes, Telefoníca in English is based in Benalmádena with a 902 number and is nothing whatsoever to do with the real Telefónica. To be avoided at all costs!

See here for the Telefónica page showing the number.

It is actually preceded by 0034 because it is intended for people outside of Spain who are unable to use 1004.
ah - you heard about them too
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:41 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
ah - you heard about them too
There is a big thread on here about them. ;-)
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:44 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by jdr
There is a big thread on here about them. ;-)
so that's where I heard of it
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

If you just hang on, the eventually it will go through to a real person, maybe not the first time, but just keep trying. I've always seemed to eventually get through and sort things out... but... a couple of times I've used an interpeter, he has always managed to get action from them.