Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Non Marriage Visa Question

OT: Non Marriage Visa Question

Old Dec 6th 2002, 7:56 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: Non Marriage Visa Question

I just received an email from a freind asking for some advice, I have no idea any of you got any advice?

"I have a friend that has been working in America for the past 5 or 6 years and is in the process of getting her Green Card. She is waiting on your Employment Authorisation Document to come through but has been told that she has to stay working for the same company for at least 180 days after she gets her EAD card. The problem is that she has now been told that her job at Enron finishes in Feb 2003 which means that her EAD card will be void (well so she has been told). We are not sure what she can do, as she really wants to stay in America. She is trying to talk to some lawyers what they all want $200 an hour. Do you have any idea what she can do (baring in mind she doesn't have a 4 year degree, but she does have over 12 years work experience (she is 37) but as an executive assistant."

Patrick