Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anglo Pacific

Anglo Pacific

Old Jan 29th 2010, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice
Default Anglo Pacific

My shipment from the UK arrived a few days ago so i thought Id share my experience wit you all.

Took exactly 12 weeks from door to door, should have been here 2 weeks prior but got stopped for a customs check in the UK and missed the boat.

The booking of the removal guys was very straight forward and the people on the phone were extremely helpful everytime i phoned (and i phoned a lot!)

On the day of collection, three guys turned up and packaged everything up for us, we left everything where it was and told them what to pack and what not to pack, they also dismantled our bed and packed it. There were a few items that got packed that we didnt want packed but it wasnt a major issue, and when we realised they did offer to unpack the sealed boxes and get them out for us but we declined the offer.

Once i unpacked there were no breakages to anything, 100% perfect condition as packed.

We didnt pay for an unpacking service as i like unpacking myself and sorting things, so the boxes were delivered and the delivery guys asked me to tell them which rooms to put each box, they then let me check all boxes looked undamaged and i signed the paperwork and paid a $75 customs clearance fee.

No problems at all with any of the service, we also shipped items by air and again it was all straight forward.

Our shipment docked in LA, and then came by road to San Francisco

We paid £1437.15 which was for 167 cubic feet, and we insured some specific items, and had a picture boxed also.

Hope this helps someone
Old Jan 29th 2010, 2:51 am

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anglo Pacific

What company did you use?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Originally Posted by avanutria
What company did you use?
Anglo Pacific (the title of this thread )
Old Jan 29th 2010, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

budleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nicebudleigh is just really nice

Thanks for that very useful , but 12 weeks!!! I didn't realise it could take that long!
We are due to start getting quotes next month so will look them up.
Glad it all arrived safely.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 3:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

We are using Doree Bonner. We have paid 2,244.00 for approximately 420 cubic ft. So far, they have been very helpful and the guy Gordon that was appointed to us has been out to our home to go over everything twice.

The guys are coming to pack everything next Thursday so, like Sarah, I'll keep posting to let you know how everything goes. We have insured the whole shipment which is costing about 350 quid.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
We are using Doree Bonner. We have paid 2,244.00 for approximately 420 cubic ft. So far, they have been very helpful and the guy Gordon that was appointed to us has been out to our home to go over everything twice.

The guys are coming to pack everything next Thursday so, like Sarah, I'll keep posting to let you know how everything goes. We have insured the whole shipment which is costing about 350 quid.
Another step closer huh?
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

OH ****

I think it will sink in when the packing guys take all my stuff away

Think I'm living in a bubble at the moment. Hope our shipment doesn't take 12 weeks, but I'm prepared for that!!
Old Jan 29th 2010, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

OH ****

I think it will sink in when the packing guys take all my stuff away

Think I'm living in a bubble at the moment. Hope our shipment doesn't take 12 weeks, but I'm prepared for that!!
I'm sure you are going to be fine You have a good attitude about your move and you will always have BE, if/when you need to vent

We have moved back/forth across the pond a few times now, within the US at least 8 times it's not fun to say the least, will be 'at it' again this Summer and I have no doubt it won't be the last time
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:10 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

t Hope our shipment doesn't take 12 weeks, but I'm prepared for that!!
You might compare your landing location to sarahlou's..
Old Jan 30th 2010, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Undefeckable will become famous soon enough

We used anglo pacific too.

Overall a positive experience like you had.

I chose them as a friend to went to OZ recommended them.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

amplified is just really niceamplified is just really niceamplified is just really niceamplified is just really niceamplified is just really niceamplified is just really niceamplified is just really niceamplified is just really nice

I too testify to how helpful Anglo has been so far. Unfortunately for me, I hit a financial crisis and was unable to finish paying them on time. However, I have kept in close contact with them, updating them on my situation. They have been nothing less than sympathetic and helpful in their advice. Of course, they still have to continue with storage costs, but I am still glad I chose to go with them.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 5:23 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You might compare your landing location to sarahlou's..
When I shipped my stuff, I got a reduced rate because I was willing to be flexible about the delivery date. It was planned to land in Miami, and be trucked from there, but in fact it went through the Panama Canal to San Francisco, and trucked from there to Seattle.

It took 16 weeks in the end. Of course, I was moving in with my fiancee, so we had pretty much all we needed anyway, so there was no ruch,