Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Need Information about the difference between registered and licensed nurse

Need Information about the difference between registered and licensed nurse

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Parampreet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Information about the difference between registered and licensed nurse

Hi.
My wife is registered nurse in India. Registered nurse quota is already filled.

Can we apply in Licensed nurse quota?

Can she take take the registered nurse examination in Canada?
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Information about the difference between registered and licensed nurse

It will depend, does she do the duties listed under LPN? She'll need to prove she does that as part of her application if she wants to apply under that NOC code. And does she have her application all ready to send asap? There are already 433 applications received under LPN NOC code, so chances are she'll miss out unless she sends it in the next few days (and even then, it may well already be filled).

No idea on the nursing exam, but the nursing forum may have the answer.

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Melsa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need Information about the difference between registered and licensed nurse

Originally Posted by Parampreet
Hi.

Yes your wife can apply for Registered Practical Nurse as she will already fulfil those duties being a registered nurse. The exam is CRPNE which she will have to take in. Hope this answers your question.

Melsa
Old Feb 6th 2012, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

limeloveaman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

Yes she can do her exams in canada. you can apply for immigration without undergoing registration. bai ji best thing ha tuhade layi NZ bcoz u stand very gud position for dat. its just my opinion.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

At the moment the exam both for LPN and RN can only be sat in Canada. Things may change in the future as CRNE is changing in a few years time and will be computerised with Pearsonvue (who do the NCLEX for the US) will be taking over but not sure yet if the exam will be available internationally. Who knows what will happen re LPN but your wife if she applies to the college of LPN will need to sit exam and pass to work as a LPN in Canada
Old Feb 10th 2012, 9:06 am
Just Joined

Parampreet is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
At the moment the exam both for LPN and RN can only be sat in Canada. Things may change in the future as CRNE is changing in a few years time and will be computerised with Pearsonvue (who do the NCLEX for the US) will be taking over but not sure yet if the exam will be available internationally. Who knows what will happen re LPN but your wife if she applies to the college of LPN will need to sit exam and pass to work as a LPN in Canada
My uncle(mother's elder brother) is Canadian PR. I want to claim 5 points for Relatives in Canada for Federal Skilled Worker Category.

What documents are required from my Uncle to claim these points?
Old Feb 10th 2012, 9:58 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

My uncle(mother's elder brother) is Canadian PR. I want to claim 5 points for Relatives in Canada for Federal Skilled Worker Category.

What documents are required from my Uncle to claim these points?
You'll need proof of his PR status (copy of his card), proof that he lives in Canada (so things like his utility bills and bank statement), and finally proof of his relationship to you (copies of birth certificates).

If you haven't got your application sent already, then just in case you are not aware, you're not likely to be able to apply as LPN - at last count 473 applications had been received, and I'm guessing that there is more than 27 just sitting waiting to be open, so the cap will have been met at the next count.

HTH.