Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Car Matriculation - DIY or Gestor ?

Car Matriculation - DIY or Gestor ?

Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:06 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Question Car Matriculation - DIY or Gestor ?

any thoughts, experiences on whether it is worth the hassle of DIY or paying someone to do it for you ?

the car has already passed the ITV matriculation testing just needs the paperwork through the Tributaria and Trafico.

`
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car Matriculation - DIY or Gestor ?

Having DIY it myself, I would advise paying a gestor unless you have unlimited time and patience and like a challenge.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 12:39 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Worth every penny the gestor charges - which isn't normally that much.
Old Feb 17th 2013, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute

we used a gestor not expensive and finished in 4 days!
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:35 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

If you have done the ITV for matriculation, then simply pay the road tax at the town hall, then go to the Hacienda. That done Trafico is all that is left

If your Spanish is reasonable then DIY.

I will quite happily answer questions if you need help

Davexf
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:43 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi

If you have done the ITV for matriculation, then simply pay the road tax at the town hall, then go to the Hacienda. That done Trafico is all that is left

If your Spanish is reasonable then DIY.

I will quite happily answer questions if you need help

Davexf

Dave, have done the ITV, have done the town hall, there is only the Modelo 576 to do, and take to the Hacienda.
but I don't know how to work out the impuesto figures in the block near the bottom.
and when I went to Trafico last week they gave me a form which said how much I would be paying but that isnt reflected in the 576.

I have also presumed the 06 and 05 forms are not used in this instance as it is a private car, used, imported from the UK.

the paperwork the BH got for her car 3 years ago seems totally different to that I am finding on-line, so is not much help to me

thanks
Old Feb 17th 2013, 3:49 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Domino,

Simplest answer is to go to the Hacienda and let them fill the form in for you - in my experience they do it on-line now and ignore paper forms. And yes it changed a little while ago - situation normal - something changes somewhere everytime!!!

Just take all your paperwork with photocopies - one tip - check the vin number on the piece of paper they give you for trafico carefully before leaving the building especially zeros - the Vin number cannot have the letter "O"

Davexf
Old Feb 17th 2013, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Depends how close the traffico is, not worth our while as would have had to go to Granada, was cheaper to use Gestor and of course she sorted the plates, not worth our drive and parking fee.

Also do know someone that had did go to Hacienda themselves, turned out the paperwork was not correct so eant 2 trips.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 11:36 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Many Spaniards use a Gestor, that might give you a clue?
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dxf
Hi Domino,

Simplest answer is to go to the Hacienda and let them fill the form in for you - in my experience they do it on-line now and ignore paper forms. And yes it changed a little while ago - situation normal - something changes somewhere everytime!!!

Just take all your paperwork with photocopies - one tip - check the vin number on the piece of paper they give you for trafico carefully before leaving the building especially zeros - the Vin number cannot have the letter "O"

Davexf
Since when did the Hacienda fill in the form ??

`
Old Feb 18th 2013, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by missile
Many Spaniards use a Gestor, that might give you a clue?

as the Modelo 576, like just about everything with Hacienda nowadays, is an online form which requires the obtaining of an online certificate, many Spaniards not having computers letalone the cert, is it small wonder Gestor's still litter the place.

but have seen 2 close down - merged with others I should imagine - perhaps they aren't total immune to the Crisis.

`
Old Feb 18th 2013, 3:13 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Domino
Since when did the Hacienda fill in the form ??

`
Our friendly hacienda in Chiclana always has and the hacienda in Ubrique also has done

Davexf
Old Mar 15th 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sausages is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone tell me just what is required with regard to matriculation of a UK car?

My car has headlights which will point in the right direction if you flick a switch inside.

There are two rear fog lights, one on each side.

The speedometer is a dial and only shows MPH but the digital computer display in the middle shows KMH.

What other changes are required in order to make it suitable for changing to Spanish plates? I figure that if I do as much as I can over here with my friendly car guru it might save me a bit of cash once over there?
Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sausages
Can anyone tell me just what is required with regard to matriculation of a UK car?

My car has headlights which will point in the right direction if you flick a switch inside.

There are two rear fog lights, one on each side.

The speedometer is a dial and only shows MPH but the digital computer display in the middle shows KMH.

What other changes are required in order to make it suitable for changing to Spanish plates? I figure that if I do as much as I can over here with my friendly car guru it might save me a bit of cash once over there?

Had a gestor handle the matriculation of my Merc ML when we moved over a few years ago. For me totally hassle free. In my mind a no brainer given the relatively small amount of money they charged for the service.

I had to have an engineers report carried out on the car. One thing he picked out that would be an issue was the dark film fitted to the rear passenger door windows. Even though it was original factory fitted he said that it would need to be removed in order to pass the initial more thorough ITV.

There may be other non-obvious things.