Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Old Aug 24th 2011, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N-400 Post your individual journey please! v.2011

Originally Posted by BritKat
I'm not confused about your application - you're getting worried about nothing, you're approved, you're good.

I'm confused (for lack of a better term) over them using the word queue. American's don't use that word - or at least they've all looked at me blankly when I have over the years - so to see it in a 'formal' email is odd.
And that is what worries me. Maybe it's not a deffinet approval since most of you guys are very confused or better yet surprised about the scheduling " QUEUE" for my oath. But I have read all over the Internet that a few people got that same update email after the approval. I am starting to go bananas.

Let's try this . Can anyone check their status on USCIS.gov and see what your update says after your N-400 approval? Even the lady told me about the "Queue" when I called the 1800 number. So I guess I will feel a lot better if I'll know that someone else from our Britishexpats got the same email after the approval. Ughhhh , another sleepless nights for me. Thank you guys for your patients with me, especially Poppy :-)
Old Aug 24th 2011, 3:46 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milan79
And that is what worries me. Maybe it's not a deffinet approval since most of you guys are very confused or better yet surprised about the scheduling " QUEUE" for my oath. But I have read all over the Internet that a few people got that same update email after the approval. I am starting to go bananas. YOU ALREADY ARE!!
Let's try this . Can anyone check their status on USCIS.gov and see what your update says after your N-400 approval? Even the lady told me about the "Queue" when I called the 1800 number. So I guess I will feel a lot better if I'll know that someone else from our Britishexpats got the same email after the approval. Ughhhh , another sleepless nights for me. Thank you guys for your patients with me, especially Poppy :-)
Sweetie I have never heard anyone not even myself getting so worked up about nothing.
FYI.. I just asked my room-mate "if I said to you queue what am I talking about" she looked at me as if I was insane and I said "go on define it" in a queue at Safeway for the check out!! (yes she is American)
Old Aug 24th 2011, 3:53 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

And that is what worries me. Maybe it's not a deffinet approval since most of you guys are very confused or better yet surprised about the scheduling " QUEUE" for my oath. But I have read all over the Internet that a few people got that same update email after the approval. I am starting to go bananas.

Don't rely on USCIS.gov, mate. They don't always update. There's someone on here (Ian, I think) whose case still showed it was pending years after he became a citizen! I know mine was a bit slow on the uptake too as I had received an appointment letter but the website showed me still at biometrics.

Keep this important point in mind - your case was approved, and you are on the waiting list for an Oath ceremony. By the time you get an answer on this other errant letter, you'll probably already be sworn in
Old Aug 25th 2011, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my US passport yesterday

Only took 2 weeks and I didn't even ask for expedited.

The passport has even more of an impact than the naturalization to me. It's something I've seen so often standing in line at passport control and thinking over the years of J1s, H1-Bs, re-entry permits, etc how much easier my life would be with one of those little blue books. And now I have one all of my own
Old Aug 25th 2011, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Mick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud ofMick1935 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hobbes79
Got my US passport yesterday

Only took 2 weeks and I didn't even ask for expedited.

The passport has even more of an impact than the naturalization to me. It's something I've seen so often standing in line at passport control and thinking over the years of J1s, H1-Bs, re-entry permits, etc how much easier my life would be with one of those little blue books. And now I have one all of my own
Hobbes, CONGRATULATIONS!

My first time back from the UK, "Welcome home" that was the green card, not the passport!

I had a Buddy and the Family over yesterday, Wife and kids, off to Harry Potter Land (Universal) he hung out with me, showed him my US Passport, he is a Canadian, has a Canadian Passport, but his Band Card (Native Indian) trumps the Passport.

Still gives me a nice warm feeling to look at the US Passport!

Last edited by Mick1935; Aug 25th 2011 at 2:36 pm.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

An update guys.

This morning I got this email. :-D

On September 20, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:05 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

An update guys.

On September 20, 2011, we scheduled you for your oath ceremony and sent a notice providing the date, time, and location. If you move prior to the scheduled ceremony, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
Thank God for that, now are you happy!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Thank God for that, now are you happy!!
To Poppy: So is that mean my final approval went thru?? LOL LOL LOL
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:16 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

An update guys.

Nice one. The end is in sight
Old Sep 21st 2011, 6:15 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick1935
As we left the booth I pressed the window button, up it slid. Pauline never noticed, a huge fat guy is coming out of the shed on the left, in Farmers coveralls, "Loose same weight, you fat BXXXXXX" I shouted, Pauline never noticed the glass was closed, till I tapped it with my finger! I thought she was going to have a heart attack.

I could tell stories for hours on that Bridge!
I got a CBP inspector at Eastpoint POE a few years back who looked like he was a member of ZZ Top, beard, beer gut sticking out from under his shirt, the sunglasses etc. He was so lazy he got another inspector to fetch an I-94 for me to fill in.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 12:07 pm

To Poppy: So is that mean my final approval went thru?? LOL LOL LOL
No it means there's still time to change thier minds!!

I know you are joking you are right!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
No it means there's still time to change thier minds!!

I know you are joking you are right!!!!!
yeah i was joking lol. And yes I am happy :-)
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default An update!

Hello Everyone.

Today I got the N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony.

You are hereby notified to appear for a Naturalization Oath Ceremony on THURSDAY October 20th 2011 at 9:00 am :-)
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 6:46 pm
I have a comma problem

Default Re: An update!

Hello Everyone.

Today I got the N-445 Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony.

You are hereby notified to appear for a Naturalization Oath Ceremony on THURSDAY October 20th 2011 at 9:00 am :-)
Congrats, mate. Four weeks and you're all done
Old Sep 23rd 2011, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: An update!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Congrats, mate. Four weeks and you're all done
Thank you Sultan... It's at the Courthouse. My question is anyone with Oath at the Courthouse and can provide me with how the process goes? Music, speech, etc.. When and how you get the Certificate and are they doing any background checks before they hand you out the Certificate? Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.