Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fresh Start In America?! Help

Fresh Start In America?! Help

Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

hawalkden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fresh Start In America?! Help

Me and my Fiance want to emigrate to America, that was the agreement we came to when I spoke about my feelings of moving out of the small town we live in in the UK.
Jason (my fiance) has family who live there and I just want to know what the things we need to think about?
I know it won't be straightaway due to money and needing to know!
What are the first points that we need to think about?
Need advice bigtime!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fresh Start In America?! Help

First point you need to think about is whether you have the means to actually get a visa. Is your fiance a US citizen? Are his family? If so, would they be willing to sponsor you?

Read this and see if the following apply to you. If not, then the US is basically not an option.
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think you firstly need to look in to what visa you could come here on. Would it be a works visa or family sponsorship. Are his family US Citizens etc etc. If none of the aforementioned is possible, then I'm sorry, you won't be coming to live in America any time soon.
Old Dec 6th 2010, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by GeoffM; Dec 6th 2010 at 1:31 pm. Reason: Dup
Old Dec 6th 2010, 2:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawalkden
Me and my Fiance want to emigrate to America, that was the agreement we came to when I spoke about my feelings of moving out of the small town we live in in the UK.
Jason (my fiance) has family who live there and I just want to know what the things we need to think about?
I know it won't be straightaway due to money and needing to know!
What are the first points that we need to think about?
Need advice bigtime!
What relation are they to your fiance? They must be US citizens and also parents, children or siblings...aunts, uncles, cousins etc cannot sponsor you.