Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

getting from abu Dhabi airport to Dubai

getting from abu Dhabi airport to Dubai

Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold
Default getting from abu Dhabi airport to Dubai

Hi there

This might be a bit of dim question but I've only been here a week so I've got plenty of them. My Girlfriends splitting her flight on Etihad back from Australia at Abu Dhabi, and she's going to stay here in Dubai for a ferw days.

I'm trying to work out what the best/cheapest way of getting her from Abu Dhabi Airport to Dubai is. She'ss landing after 11pm so it may be options are a bit more limited. Should I try and book her a car, or should she just hop in a cab. She's worried about travelling over on her won that late, which merans I'll likely have to go over and meet her, so the cost is going to add up pretty quick

I hear talk of an Etihad coach servuice to dubai - anyone know anything about that

All thoughts on the easiest way to get her over here much appreciated.

Cheers

Ed
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: getting from abu Dhabi airport to Dubai

Originally Posted by Cypselos
Hi there

This might be a bit of dim question but I've only been here a week so I've got plenty of them. My Girlfriends splitting her flight on Etihad back from Australia at Abu Dhabi, and she's going to stay here in Dubai for a ferw days.

I'm trying to work out what the best/cheapest way of getting her from Abu Dhabi Airport to Dubai is. She'ss landing after 11pm so it may be options are a bit more limited. Should I try and book her a car, or should she just hop in a cab. She's worried about travelling over on her won that late, which merans I'll likely have to go over and meet her, so the cost is going to add up pretty quick

I hear talk of an Etihad coach servuice to dubai - anyone know anything about that

All thoughts on the easiest way to get her over here much appreciated.

Cheers

Ed
Etihad have a coach running to SZR behind the Chelsea Hotel (defence Round-About)
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
Etihad have a coach running to SZR behind the Chelsea Hotel (defence Round-About)
I believe it's free with the ticket, and that you can book your coach seat online.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

yes there is a free bus service for etihad passengers to bring them to Dubai, which airline is your GF coming with? Ins the Chelsea Hotel is in Bur Dubai
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
yes there is a free bus service for etihad passengers to bring them to Dubai, which airline is your GF coming with? Ins the Chelsea Hotel is in Bur Dubai
OK Chelsea Apartment Hotel
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
It's Etihad, BC - the OP mentioned it in his post...

Here's a link to the bus schedule.

http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/servic...sportation.asp
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:51 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

so that's then sorted! last bus from AD to DXB 10.30 pm?

Last edited by Blue Cat; Jan 8th 2008 at 12:00 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

Cheers guys, you've been a great help!

although now i'm in trouble for suggesting the bus!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Pleasure - but if she's landing at 11pm then it looks like the bus is out.

There is a line of Al-Ghazal limo taxis immediately outside the airport. There is a concierge type guy who will get her a taxi, and also supervise loading of luggage into the car. The ride should leave you with change from 200Dhs...

Good Luck, keep posting!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you could always be a Gent and go and pick her up from the airport!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to Abu Dhabi and meet her...think of the brownie points you will score!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lionheart
Go to Abu Dhabi and meet her...think of the brownie points you will score!
never had you down as the romantic gesture type!
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

you could always be a Gent and go and pick her up from the airport!
that is in fact the most likely option, giving the response the mention of the bus got!

the story is appparently that there's a coach running at 1230 she can get, which doesn't seem to be mentioned on the time tables above. given her propensity to get lost as well i think i'm going to be upping the taxi drivers nightly rate a fair bit tomorrow night!

Last edited by Cypselos; Jan 8th 2008 at 12:13 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

that is in fact the most likely option, giving the response the mention of the bus got!
its too late now though! the brownie points have already been lost
Old Jan 8th 2008, 12:15 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

never had you down as the romantic gesture type!
Not really romantic, merely selfish....imagine the nagging if the bus ride turned out to be a journey from Hell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.