Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Sat Nav kits - UK to Aus

Sat Nav kits - UK to Aus

Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of
Default Sat Nav kits - UK to Aus

I quite fancy one of these, and I'm sure it would be cheaper to get it here or in Singapore. Does anyone know one that would work here and in Oz given the appropriate street map software?

If I'm going to have to support myself as a Pizza Delivery driver, then I'll need to find my way about in Oz : )

(Please don't suggest I buy an AtoZ/Refodex!!!)
Old Apr 5th 2004, 9:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.mtekk.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=142 might help for a start. The GPS standard is the same worldwide so I guess it is a matter of having the correct software.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Cheers BP ... my iPaq has a dying screen, so maybe this is the killer app to persuade my missus that we need an XDA II : ) )
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:16 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Dont you think the pilot knows the way?

Couldnt resist
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well you know ... it's always nice to know if a dire disaster fell I could snatch the controls from the incapacitated crew and steer us safely to a friendly airport ... pausing only to perform an emergency tracheotamy (or someat) with a ballpoint pen.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:29 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CHnJ
Well you know ... it's always nice to know if a dire disaster fell I could snatch the controls from the incapacitated crew and steer us safely to a friendly airport ... pausing only to perform an emergency tracheotamy (or someat) with a ballpoint pen.
I didnt know you are medically trained
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just follow the animations on the iPaq!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 9:59 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by CHnJ
Cheers BP ... my iPaq has a dying screen, so maybe this is the killer app to persuade my missus that we need an XDA II : ) )
Getting that Capex is much harder than squeezing the money out of work.
Old Apr 8th 2004, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by bondipom
Getting that Capex is much harder than squeezing the money out of work.
lol ... oddly enough I've been "evaluating" my iPaq for 2 years now and work hasn't asked for it back : )