Reload this Page >

quickest way to bc,canada

quickest way to bc,canada

Old Mar 10th 2008, 4:38 am
philandhev

Location: Vancouver Island, arrived August 2007 from Derbyshire
philandhev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: quickest way to bc,canada

I agree entirely with the previous post about ICBC - we fell foul of this cartel monopoly over here as well. You need to provide all of your historical policy documents going back as far as you can and you need to provide a letter from each company in the exact format for these idiots to apply any no claims bonus. After 15 claim free years in the UK I managed to get only 10% over here and that was with a fight!!

Also - try not to get tied into the bank mortgage insurance (whoever the bank is) as you will be paying over the odds and also may not even be properly insured as they dont generally underwrite these policies until you make a claim. I am in financial services so may be able to help or point you in the right direction here if you want.

We chose Vancouver Island - mid island (Ladysmith area) as it is geographically good and much cheaper then Victoria. We moved over here in August 2007 and we love it.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Permits

Originally Posted by scaffroche
As you say quality of life means alot more than luxuries . Whatever about looking at Australia the wages in NZ are alot lower than in Canada . You would be shocked . Many people who go to NZ can never afford to travel back to Europe on holiday they just dont have the cash .
yeah... absolutely positively you are right...........:curse:

I am a public servant (Analyst - Macroeconomic) work for the Ministry and earn $64000 BUt no cash after tax & mortages I am skint and can't afford to travel back to UK or Europe - No way!

just thinking/considering move to Vancouver ?? or Edinburgh (my home)?? at some stage - but then I realize (maybe) I can't get the job that I want there .. .....

don't know what's right thing to do in the long run.

Last edited by crap coffee; Mar 10th 2008 at 5:14 am.