FSW List Announced Today

Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:11 am
Just Joined

outwardbound2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FSW List Announced Today

Hello all,

Well, that's done it for us too, we're not surprised though as we expected this would be the case. However we are frustrated beyond words and disappointed that despite our being perfectly economically viable candidates for immigration (based on education, skills, experience, financial position etc) we're clearly not wanted by Canada's Government at this time.

I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind the list provided and the volume, there are more than 5,000 people working in my office building currently, and I can't see that across the whole of canada this is the volume required to make any impact on their economic development. It seems they are simply ticking a box for being seen to 'welcome' immigration with no real commitment.

So we need to evaluate our alternatives, and for us its looking likely that we'll aim for a inter-company transfers over the next year. Fortunately as we both work for global companies this could be a possibility, and at least we'll have continous employment.

Good luck for those of you who have also been disappointed by this decision and are now looking at alternatives.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

And you, outwardbound.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:27 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by outwardbound2013
Hello all,

Well, that's done it for us too, we're not surprised though as we expected this would be the case. However we are frustrated beyond words and disappointed that despite our being perfectly economically viable candidates for immigration (based on education, skills, experience, financial position etc) we're clearly not wanted by Canada's Government at this time.

I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind the list provided and the volume, there are more than 5,000 people working in my office building currently, and I can't see that across the whole of canada this is the volume required to make any impact on their economic development. It seems they are simply ticking a box for being seen to 'welcome' immigration with no real commitment.

So we need to evaluate our alternatives, and for us its looking likely that we'll aim for a inter-company transfers over the next year. Fortunately as we both work for global companies this could be a possibility, and at least we'll have continous employment.

Good luck for those of you who have also been disappointed by this decision and are now looking at alternatives.
They are bringing in a whole new system next year and still have a backlog from years gone by - by only letting in 5000 applicants, then ensure that they will be clear once they announce the new system next year.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

Airborne_Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well there's always Australia guys!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Airborne_Dan
Well there's always Australia guys!
Yeah but the beer isn't very good in Australia
Old Apr 19th 2013, 6:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by outwardbound2013
Hello all,

I am sorry if the list didn't meet your expectations, but this IMO was always going to be a low cap. There is a new EOI system slated to come in at the end of next year, so it was always likely they only wanted a small intake to tide them over until then.

This doesn't mean you cannot apply. It just means you need to secure a job offer first.

Why not book a few weeks' holiday in Canada over the summer and see if you can secure some job interviews? The employer may need a little educating on the LMO system but it's definitely doable.

The 5000 applications is only a small percentage of the total immigrants they will take in 2013. Not only are there many other routes in, PNP/FSW2/Family sponsorship etc - but also there is still a backlog to be processed.

To gauge how many actual immigrants they'll allow you can look at the total of all the visa offices visa targets for the year.

Anyway I hope you can find another way in
Best of luck,
Wayne.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Don321 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe computer programmer is on the list... Too late for me to get an application together now, though!
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BenB2
Hi,

I feel for those of you who still hold the leafs (defo not the Hockey team mind) in your hearts. For me Harper's + Kenedy's endless chopping and changing of the rules, paroging parliament and most recently removal of the oversight organisation on state medicare justified on the basis of saving $6m leaves me cold.

I can not help but feel FSW is a case for compulsory euthanasia - as they endlessly role the dice at www.joke.com immigration department. We are meant to be talking about national shortages in the labour market over at least a 12 month to 24 month window!!! Canada is a lot bigger in size than the Isle of Wight - however, these are the only skilled occupations that the federal government has managed to determine will be needed that will not be addressed by free market forces, and that they have to intervene to address the situation - however, nationally they will not need more than 208 people in each of these select 24 pigeon holes. That they have U turned on their pledge of processing in months and it is a year - yeah we have heard that before with the "fast track" program - despite immigration on FSW being closed for many months to new applications, the size of the immigration needs was such that it required deliberation up to the last second with barely 15 days to go before the reopening of the track. How many millions of minister and other salaries have been pissed up the wall while they make their labour market determination that there is a desperate need justifying their intervention that requires them to address the hiring of 1.7 people per month per province for 12 months in each of these desperately in demand occupations.

I am sorry CIC + right wing government - just do one already - while bare days before this announcement you justified action as you needed to save a whole $6m how much is being wasted on your endless flavour of the month immigration reviews.

Needless to say I will not be exploring any further. When people want to play reindeer games with you just to ***** with you for sh*ts and giggles the only sensible thing is to choose to not play their games any more.

Ben
Interesting post. And some interesting statistical points.

I feel your frustration but I'm not going to take this personally and I'm not giving up. Why do I want to go to Canada? Because it makes the most sense for me on a personal and professional level. And I'm not prepared to give up the chance to emigrate to somewhere where I do, rightly, or wrongly, see the grass as being greener because of one setback.

The process, and the people in charge of the process, does not make the nation of Canada some sort of scum-bag who wants to limit your chances of having a better life. Everything that appealed to you about Canada before the announcement is still true. It's just the ease of attainment has changed.

Explore other opportunities. I know I will. But don't lose sight of why you wanted to go in the first place. That hasn't changed just because a process was unfavourable on this occasion.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:05 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Interesting post. And some interesting statistical points.

I feel your frustration but I'm not going to take this personally and I'm not giving up. Why do I want to go to Canada? Because it makes the most sense for me on a personal and professional level. And I'm not prepared to give up the chance to emigrate to somewhere where I do, rightly, or wrongly, see the grass as being greener because of one setback.

The process, and the people in charge of the process, does not make the nation of Canada some sort of scum-bag who wants to limit your chances of having a better life. Everything that appealed to you about Canada before the announcement is still true. It's just the ease of attainment has changed.

Explore other opportunities. I know I will. But don't lose sight of why you wanted to go in the first place. That hasn't changed just because a process was unfavourable on this occasion.
That's the spirit and when we both get there let's grab a beer and reminisce on these forum posts lol
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
That's the spirit and when we both get there let's grab a beer and reminisce on these forum posts lol
Deal. But let's make it 10 beers.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:09 pm

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Deal. But let's make it 10 beers.
Have you seen the price of beer in Canada?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Have you seen the price of beer in Canada?
They must have dive bars which sell PBR in cans? If not, there's always home-brew.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:13 pm

They must have dive bars which sell PBR in cans? If not, there's always home-brew.
Or a trip across the border
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Or a trip across the border
I'll meet you at the Bayou Beer Garden in New Orleans for a bucket of beer for $7.00. And "all y'all" can get drunk as hell.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 10:21 pm

I'll meet you at the Bayou Beer Garden in New Orleans for a bucket of beer for $7.00. And "all y'all" can get drunk as hell.
Now your talking, I love New Orleans as great live music, great atmosphere etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.