FSW List Announced Today

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all
Default Re: FSW List Announced Today

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Is the any word that sounds sexy in welsh
Good point. I'll claim I'm Italian instead. I'm sure the Italians could make the word 'remoulds' sound sexy.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:42 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie
Fussy? When you have been without income for 5 months (last year) you aren't fussy, you will take any frikkin job you can get, believe me. 2 interviews out of more than 200 job applications, sigh.

Welcome to the real world of Canada (un)employment!
Unemployment is that in the new list ?
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:43 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Fussy? When you have been without income for 5 months (last year) you aren't fussy, you will take any frikkin job you can get, believe me. 2 interviews out of more than 200 job applications, sigh.

edit:

Umm.. you know my Father was Welsh, right? (Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi!)
Originally Posted by gb_griffiths
Good point. I'll claim I'm Italian instead. I'm sure the Italians could make the word 'remoulds' sound sexy.
Being half Italian I'd say anything can sound sexy in Italian
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree ---- melt melt melt
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

gb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to allgb_griffiths is a name known to all

edit:

Umm.. you know my Father was Welsh, right? (Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi!)
Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Kind of meant it like a fit bird that won't kiss an ugly geezer. No offence intended. I went off on a tangent and it certainly wasn't intended in a work context.

Re: Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi

I dare say you are.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:49 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. I didn't mean it like that. Kind of meant it like a fit bird that won't kiss an ugly geezer. No offence intended. I went off on a tangent and it certainly wasn't intended in a work context.

Re: Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi

I dare say you are.
I didn't take offence, no worries

Re: Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi - nah, I know I'm not.. to frikkin old to be, lol.

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:50 pm
Banned

Unemployment is that in the new list ?
If it were, I would have qualified years ago lmao.

Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Oh right. Here he comes, coming off all "half Italian" and < snip >. Nicking our nice Welsh women.

Just onnnnnnneee Cornettoooooooo. Geeeeeevvve eeet tooooo meeeeee.
Old Apr 18th 2013, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't take offence, no worries

Re: Yr wyf sylweddol sexier na chi - nah, I know I'm not.. to frikkin old to be, lol.

I've seen cougar town.

A bird at work once said a young kid had chatted her up by saying:

"The riper the berry, the sweeter the juice".
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:01 pm
Banned

I've seen cougar town.

A bird at work once said a young kid had chatted her up by saying:

"The riper the berry, the sweeter the juice".
Cougar town girls are young enough to be my daughters (almost) lol.

Ok.. back to work for me!
Old Apr 18th 2013, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

peeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond reputepeeshpie has a reputation beyond repute

oh b<snip>r - as a nurse this list isn't a good one! TWP route for me - or bust!!

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 18th 2013 at 10:51 pm. Reason: family forum and all that.. :)
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:45 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat109 is an unknown quantity at this point

So if you have a job offer, do you avoid the 5000 application cap?
Old Apr 19th 2013, 1:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by al8565
So if you have a job offer, do you avoid the 5000 application cap?
Yes, because that's a different stream.
Old Apr 19th 2013, 7:47 am
Just Joined

sss84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good morning guys, hope everyone is well.

Just read the occupation list and I think a lot of people, including myself, will be disappointed with this.

Having planned to apply for the FSW route it is deflating but the reality is I knew it was a gamble from the start.

I have been enlightened by a few board members in the past and will try to go via TWP route and make a trip out in the coming months. I have a couple of contacts in the construction industry and will plan on meeting these, and a few more, with a view to being offered a career, not a job.

The vibes I got from people at overseas Expos and events here in the UK was that Construction/Project Managers were in demand, especially in B.C., and that work is available. I guess it cannot be as in demand as "Occupational Therapists" etc..

Oh well, on the plus side there is now no wait, its up to me to make things happen.

Thanks to everyone for posting and allowing me to use their experiences to help me in my journey and decision making. I really appreciate all your inputs and feedback.

kind regards

SSS

p.s.

I will post if I have any breakthrough on the job or immigration scene (fingers crossed).
Old Apr 19th 2013, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

BenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the roughBenB2 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I feel for those of you who still hold the leafs (defo not the Hockey team mind) in your hearts. For me Harper's + Kenedy's endless chopping and changing of the rules, paroging parliament and most recently removal of the oversight organisation on state medicare justified on the basis of saving $6m leaves me cold.

I can not help but feel FSW is a case for compulsory euthanasia - as they endlessly role the dice at www.joke.com immigration department. We are meant to be talking about national shortages in the labour market over at least a 12 month to 24 month window!!! Canada is a lot bigger in size than the Isle of Wight - however, these are the only skilled occupations that the federal government has managed to determine will be needed that will not be addressed by free market forces, and that they have to intervene to address the situation - however, nationally they will not need more than 208 people in each of these select 24 pigeon holes. That they have U turned on their pledge of processing in months and it is a year - yeah we have heard that before with the "fast track" program - despite immigration on FSW being closed for many months to new applications, the size of the immigration needs was such that it required deliberation up to the last second with barely 15 days to go before the reopening of the track. How many millions of minister and other salaries have been pissed up the wall while they make their labour market determination that there is a desperate need justifying their intervention that requires them to address the hiring of 1.7 people per month per province for 12 months in each of these desperately in demand occupations.

I am sorry CIC + right wing government - just do one already - while bare days before this announcement you justified action as you needed to save a whole $6m how much is being wasted on your endless flavour of the month immigration reviews.

Needless to say I will not be exploring any further. When people want to play reindeer games with you just to ***** with you for sh*ts and giggles the only sensible thing is to choose to not play their games any more.

Ben

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.