Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

waiting out PR in Canada with Dependant Child

waiting out PR in Canada with Dependant Child

Old May 7th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute
Default waiting out PR in Canada with Dependant Child

Looking for some advice or anyone with previous experience.

I am now sitting at nearly 8 months processing in London. Summer is coming and the school year will be finishing and I really want to wait out the rest of my application as a family in Canada.

I have a concern that there will be issues with the Border Staff concerning my daughter. She is a UK Citizen and I have written permission by my ex husband notorized by a lawyer stating that she can immigrate to Canada and that their are no Court Orders in place, which has been sent to CIC but I have a copy. I also have a an original letter notorized by a lawyer stating that he gives open permission for her to travel with me domestically and internationally.

My concern is that our application is not finalized and I am not sure if we will get off the plane to be turned back. My husband is already in Canada and will meet us at the airport.

I understand that the average processing is 9 months, however as I have posted previously they had lost my daughters medical and I am currently waiting on news from my husbands MP. So I think our application is going to go well past the 9 months.

What do you think about the likelyhood that there will be issues about us visiting for a longer periodand sent back?

I would prefer to buy a one way ticket but understand that it is preferred to have a return ticket.

Thanks in advance
Old May 7th 2013, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waiting out PR in Canada with Dependant Child

Is your husband a Canadian citizen/PR or here on a TWP?
Old May 7th 2013, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond reputescottish_maple has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Is your husband a Canadian citizen/PR or here on a TWP?
He is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and we are in the UK.

Thanks for replying
Old May 7th 2013, 3:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish_maple
He is a Canadian Citizen living in Canada and we are in the UK.

Thanks for replying
Then as long as you have proof that your application is in process then you will most likely be issued with a 12 month visitor record until COPR forms are issued. Request a 12 month visitor record when arriving and as a safe bet have marriage certificate and proof of his citizenship. I wont comment on one way tickets as some airlines are ok with them others are not.
Old May 7th 2013, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Then as long as you have proof that your application is in process then you will most likely be issued with a 12 month visitor record until COPR forms are issued. Request a 12 month visitor record when arriving and as a safe bet have marriage certificate and proof of his citizenship. I wont comment on one way tickets as some airlines are ok with them others are not.
Thank you very much.

Can I just ask, proof of his citizenship...would a photocopy of his canadian passport be enough?
Old May 7th 2013, 3:45 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much.

Can I just ask, proof of his citizenship...would a photocopy of his canadian passport be enough?
Yes, as CBSA can look that up on the system if need be.

Last edited by james.mc; May 7th 2013 at 4:23 pm.
Old May 7th 2013, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by james.mc
Yes, as CBSA can look that up on the system if need be.
Thank you
Old May 7th 2013, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

UKCamaroSS is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Scottish_maple,

This wont answer your question, but just thought I'd share with you the fact my timeline is similar to yours. App received in Mississauga on July 31 2012, sponsor approval on October 16th - no PR yet... 280 days in total now. Hopefully your app and ours will be processed soon.
Old May 7th 2013, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
Hi Scottish_maple,

This wont answer your question, but just thought I'd share with you the fact my timeline is similar to yours. App received in Mississauga on July 31 2012, sponsor approval on October 16th - no PR yet... 280 days in total now. Hopefully your app and ours will be processed soon.
Hi UKCamaroSS,

Funny coincedance, I was actually looking at your timeline on the spreadsheet today and thought the same. Are you still in the UK?
Old May 7th 2013, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi UKCamaroSS,

Funny coincedance, I was actually looking at your timeline on the spreadsheet today and thought the same. Are you still in the UK?
Hi,

No, we are in Canada.
I am the Canadian citizen, my wife is here with me, with a 12 month visitor visa. We have no children. My wife had to supply some additional police certificates from our time living in Italy. London requested them in February, and those were received by London a few weeks ago now. We emailed London last week, and received a reply stating "Please allow sufficient time for the correspondence to be reviewed." -- no idea how long sufficient time is lol.
Fingers crossed its not much longer now though...
Old May 7th 2013, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCamaroSS
Hi,

No, we are in Canada.
I am the Canadian citizen, my wife is here with me, with a 12 month visitor visa. We have no children. My wife had to supply some additional police certificates from our time living in Italy. London requested them in February, and those were received by London a few weeks ago now. We emailed London last week, and received a reply stating "Please allow sufficient time for the correspondence to be reviewed." -- no idea how long sufficient time is lol.
Fingers crossed its not much longer now though...
I know they require 4 months, but I think that is a bit extreme...lol
Old May 9th 2013, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Woop woop, my wife received her COPR today - fingers crossed for you, that yours will be along soon!