Christmas Dinner

Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Christmas Dinner

Originally Posted by cmhannan
Here's a concept. All those in Abu dhabi...let's have a party at my house. Everyone brings a dish and a bottle of wine and I'll do the Turkey. My husband has to work that day so dinner at 6pm...any takers? PM me.
Oh I'd love to be in Abu Dhabi in January...
Old Oct 18th 2008, 6:44 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cmhannan
Here's a concept. All those in Abu dhabi...let's have a party at my house. Everyone brings a dish and a bottle of wine and I'll do the Turkey. My husband has to work that day so dinner at 6pm...any takers? PM me.

Do you live near the Corniche? Can I come please?
I will bring gold frankensense and myrrh ...or Krug- you choose?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I went to the horse's mouth to try and settle this one:

I can confirm that The Club has never been named The British Club, this is a common misconception. We were established in 1962 as The Club but nicknamed the British Club by local taxi drivers and the nickname has stuck despite us having 84 nationalities today.
Hope this helps.
Kind Regards
Lisa Lovelock
The Club, Abu Dhabi
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

All apologies graciously accepted....
Old Oct 19th 2008, 6:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
All apologies graciously accepted....
I knew that anyway but couldn't be arsed to get into a fight over it
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I knew that anyway but couldn't be arsed to get into a fight over it
No fight! It was the British Club. I was an honorary member in 1982.
If I ever get my house sorted, I will revert with a sample of letterhead.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:47 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alen1
No fight! It was the British Club. I was an honorary member in 1982.
If I ever get my house sorted, I will revert with a sample of letterhead.
get it found Alen1 all the time I have known it was the Club - that was from the late 80's
Old Oct 19th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Alen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond reputeAlen1 has a reputation beyond repute

get it found Alen1 all the time I have known it was the Club - that was from the late 80's
BC
Just checked on the web: the Libyan bombing was in '86. So that would be the time the 'British' was dropped. Did you join before then?
I will try to make contact with a mate (the chef) from that time, just to make sure I'm not getting late-onset Alzheimers!
Now! What was his name....?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:06 am
Concierge

BC
Just checked on the web: the Libyan bombing was in '86. So that would be the time the 'British' was dropped. Did you join before then?
I will try to make contact with a mate (the chef) from that time, just to make sure I'm not getting late-onset Alzheimers!
Now! What was his name....?
I never joined, was a member at Country Club and visited the AD Club about 87 if I remember rightly.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:18 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Oh I'd love to be in Abu Dhabi in January...
Why January?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

I never joined, was a member at Country Club and visited the AD Club about 87 if I remember rightly.
Oh! If you were a member of the country club in '87 you must be right posh! It was THE club in Dubai at that time.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 12:52 pm
Concierge

Oh! If you were a member of the country club in '87 you must be right posh! It was THE club in Dubai at that time.
I am saying nothing
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

who cares what it was called........U really need to get out more xxxx

shang......does a gr8 buffet xmas lunch ..bit more exspensive ...but u get what u pay for xxx

think last year ad golf club did a turkey and all the trimmins pick up lunchxxx
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lobby lou
who cares what it was called........U really need to get out more xxxx

shang......does a gr8 buffet xmas lunch ..bit more exspensive ...but u get what u pay for xxx

think last year ad golf club did a turkey and all the trimmins pick up lunchxxx
History, dear.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 2:35 am
Concierge

History, dear.
the majority of people here think that the introduction of the Marina was historic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.