Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:29 am
Just Joined

desrod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Hi Duffer,

Thanks for the reply.

Its only after I made the post I realised that I can buy the box & subscription separately.

Can you tell me what size dish I will require in San-Remo to receive UK sky ?

... Or can anyone recommend a satellite installer in or around San-Remo to install the dish for me ?

Thanks

Des
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:40 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

It's a question of size really matters...

However your location is quite good compared with the rest of italy. i doubt a 60cm dish would be sufficient for all the channels - i would say at least 1m or 1.2m would be okay but then i'm no expert! The bigger the dish the better chance you have of picking up a decent reception of all the channels however you also need to make sure you get a good quality dish and lnb input> big dish with poor quality equipment might not be as good as a 80cm dish with good stuff.
Originally Posted by desrod
Hi Duffer,

Thanks for the reply.

Its only after I made the post I realised that I can buy the box & subscription separately.

Can you tell me what size dish I will require in San-Remo to receive UK sky ?

... Or can anyone recommend a satellite installer in or around San-Remo to install the dish for me ?

Thanks

Des
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:58 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I've just taken the plunge and signed up for SKY Italia! Only trouble is we aren't getting a signal. Of course sky has activated the account anyway, so at the moment I am paying for a lovely blue screen with an advice message stuck on it!

Sky seems to think it is the dish, which was already here, but I can't see how it can be as we have been getting Freeview channels okay up until now. The sky box doesn't even pick up those. Any thoughts? Could the dish need realigning or have I got a dodgy decoder?
Old Jun 21st 2007, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

spaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to allspaino is a name known to all

Here is a map of the footprint along with some other info that might be of help:
http://www.brymar.co.uk/info/Astra/astra.html
Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:50 am
Just Joined

jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Originally Posted by spaino
Here is a map of the footprint along with some other info that might be of help:
http://www.brymar.co.uk/info/Astra/astra.html
Do you know if you can get Sky Uk and Sky Italy on the same receiver provided I have one dish on Astra and one on Hotbird? Eventually what sort of receiver should I look for?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Do you happen to know if you can get Sky UK and Sky Italy with the same receiver?
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

CarrieW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jaeger
Do you happen to know if you can get Sky UK and Sky Italy with the same receiver?
Would not have thought so - think you would need to have two different Sky cards and the dishes need to point in different directions for Italian and UK Sky.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:14 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

I had an engineer out today - I now have SKY! Problem was a dodgy LNB, too many connections in the house for one Parabola, and SKY needing a stronger signal than Freeview. So only have one connection that works now - but who needs 5 anyway?! A chunck of LNB that looks like a ray gun, but a working SKY signal. Kids watching Scooby Doo - result!!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TestaRossa
I had an engineer out today - I now have SKY! Problem was a dodgy LNB, too many connections in the house for one Parabola, and SKY needing a stronger signal than Freeview. So only have one connection that works now - but who needs 5 anyway?! A chunck of LNB that looks like a ray gun, but a working SKY signal. Kids watching Scooby Doo - result!!
Yay, welcome back to the TV land of the living! You'll soon be getting fed up of the re-runs on BBC Prime too!

Carrie
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:45 pm
The Original Red Head!

I was checking what was on all the channels. Benny Hill! OMG!! Forgotten he's a hit here!
Old Jun 29th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

I was checking what was on all the channels. Benny Hill! OMG!! Forgotten he's a hit here!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:06 pm
The Original Red Head!

But it was sooo nice finally catching up with Desparate Housewives... and there's a new season of CSI and....Now I remember why I've avoided having it for 7 months!!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

ginty is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just taken the plunge and signed up for SKY Italia! Only trouble is we aren't getting a signal. Of course sky has activated the account anyway, so at the moment I am paying for a lovely blue screen with an advice message stuck on it!

Sky seems to think it is the dish, which was already here, but I can't see how it can be as we have been getting Freeview channels okay up until now. The sky box doesn't even pick up those. Any thoughts? Could the dish need realigning or have I got a dodgy decoder?
Hi TestaRossa
Hope you don't mind me asking, but how much does Sky Italia cost per month? Is it similar to England - it's approx £45 per month here now!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 1:49 pm
The Original Red Head!

Hi, I have Sky Mondo - same as Sky World but transplant Rai and Mediaset for BBC, ITV etc. plus cinema and sport, but not Calcio (football) which is a separate premium channel on its own here, not in with the sports channels. I will pay about €48 for this I think. I think inc. Calcio it is €59 a month - so not that far off the UK price. All the Fox channels can be watched in English as can any channel that is US/British in origin plus the film channels. However if a US/British programme is on an Italian channel you can't change the language. Friends and Buffy is still big here so that's something ! The funniest is Bob the Builder in Italian, "Vai, vai Bob!"
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Housearoundsardinia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gail1
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any information about English speaking TV in Italy, specifically Northern Italy?

Can we get it through a satellite installed directly in Italy by an Italian company or is it better to bring an existing SKY dish over?

Thanks for any info.
Best to get it sorted directly in Italy. Try UniEuro or one of the other big electrical retailers, they often have deals like in UK, free dish and installation when you sign up for a 12 month package

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.