Reload this Page >

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Old Feb 1st 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Clarky7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting SKY Tv in Italy

Alright fella,

Well if your dish is a communal one then you'll have to buy a new dish. Every broadcaster has their own co-ordinates and UK SKY is what I mentioned before. Italia SKY could be 42.9 North or something to that effect.

Get yourslef down to Media World, I bought my 80cm dish from there for 50 yo-yo's.

By the way, I'm in Vicenza.

Clarky

Originally Posted by duffer
I really wanted to watch the BBC however ITV will do.

The thing is that the dish is a communal one therefore if I moved it there might be some complaints from the rest of the people in the flat that they cannot see anything. Or do you think the signal from Sky Italia is a lot stronger so a slight change won't harm...

Where in Vicenza are you watching Sky UK from?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 9:02 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

I had the l'antennista come round last night. We cannot move the current Sky Italia dish because it's a communal dish and if he adds another LNB it will only be able to pick up Spanish and French channels. So the option is to get a new dish from Mediaworld and then this guy can install it for 100 Euro.

Is 100 Euro just for the installation a reasonable price?

Or I could just get a subscription to BBC Prime but this would cost about 200 euro for the first year. Better off getting Sky Italia which includes BBC Prime.

I'll make a decision soon...
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:21 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

I had the l'antennista come round last night. We cannot move the current Sky Italia dish because it's a communal dish and if he adds another LNB it will only be able to pick up Spanish and French channels. So the option is to get a new dish from Mediaworld and then this guy can install it for 100 Euro.

Is 100 Euro just for the installation a reasonable price?

Or I could just get a subscription to BBC Prime but this would cost about 200 euro for the first year. Better off getting Sky Italia which includes BBC Prime.

I'll make a decision soon...
When we got Sky Italia the installation was free
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:26 am
Pull my finger

duffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond reputeduffer has a reputation beyond repute

But they will only point the dish to Sky Italia and I presume it was subject to you signing up to at least a basic package like Mondo?

Only problem is that I do not have the UK Sky digibox with me at the moment. I'll pick mine up next time I am there or get a friend to send their old one over.

Will I need to use the my card with my UK digibox only or could I use my card in my friend's digibox? I wonder...
Old Feb 6th 2007, 10:41 am
Account Closed

But they will only point the dish to Sky Italia and I presume it was subject to you signing up to at least a basic package like Mondo?

yes we signed up for Mondo for one year

Only problem is that I do not have the UK Sky digibox with me at the moment. I'll pick mine up next time I am there or get a friend to send their old one over.

Will I need to use the my card with my UK digibox only or could I use my card in my friend's digibox? I wonder...
I don't know about your other wonderings! I don't fully understand these technical things.
Old Mar 8th 2007, 7:54 pm
Pull my finger

Persuaded a friend to post me his old Sky digibox from the UK as I can't wait until I'm next in the UK

It should arrive any day now.

Next step is to get the satellite man round and hook up a new dish. Anyone have any recommendations for either dish type, where to buy, installation, etc.? It would be very much appreciated
Old Mar 12th 2007, 8:15 pm
Pull my finger

Ok. My Sky+ digibox in a nice pearl white finish to (almost) match my Xbox 360 arrived today. A big thank you goes out to Omar Pimp Daddy for kindly taking the time and expense to send it to me in the first place!

Still waiting on my mum to send me a viewing card though. Once I have it I'll get the satellite man to give me his opinion regarding if size matters

I think sticking a 1,5m dish will be too expensive and maybe a 1,2m dish not good enough.

We'll see
Old May 4th 2007, 11:51 am
Just Joined

dcswiftly is an unknown quantity at this point

hello, it is ok to get sky with the correct dish in Italy, I sell the yellow house viewing cards which give a massive amount of channels to most of Europe sometimes with boxes and they work ok as long as you use a Uk address or telephone if you ever have to contact Sky in the future

There is a no advertising policy on this forum.... SITE RULES rule 8. thanks jdr (moderator)

Last edited by jdr; May 8th 2007 at 3:48 pm.
Old May 4th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

The thing we were told about buying a UK digi box is to make sure is not one that comes with special offers (free box or similar deals) as that is connected to sky via tel line.

We bought our sky box off ebay and signed up with sky prior to leaving the UK and it works.

The other thing we were strongly adviced against is to never get the card through a 3rd part but from sky direct but one must give a UK address to get it. Using a 3rd party one might end up paying for subscription (possibly up to a year) up front and than the 3rd party doing a runner and leaving people with no sky and loss of cash
Old May 8th 2007, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dcswiftly
hello, it is ok to get sky with the correct dish in Italy, I sell the yellow house viewing cards which give a massive amount of channels to most of Europe sometimes with boxes and they work ok as long as you use a Uk address or telephone if you ever have to contact Sky in the future
Hello, yellow-card selling person - I have Italian sky with the normal size dish - I want to know if your yellow cards can get me the Uk channels or not? BBC Prime is all well and good but I want to watch Joseph! (Not - but I do want to watch BBC etc.)
Old May 10th 2007, 8:28 am
Just Joined

dcswiftly is an unknown quantity at this point

hello mazi, i have wrote an email to you, not sure if you have got it, could you let me know
Old May 19th 2007, 10:06 am
Pull my finger

Just a thank you to DCSWIFTLY for sending me the Sky viewing card at a very good price. My Sky digibox recognises it no problems. Now I just need to sort out a large dish. I think I know where next months bonus will spent on
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:42 am
Just Joined

desrod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm trying to get UK sky tv in San-Remo, Italy. I have sky at home & was thinking of getting another box through the multi-room subscription & taking that box to San-Remo. The only problem I can see is that Sky will see that the box is either not connected to a phone line & fine me for this, or they'll see that it is connected to an Itialian phone line & I'll be cut off alltogether. Whats the best way around this ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Des
Old Jun 14th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

clint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really niceclint is just really nice

We had to use our card with our digibox to get it activated (we couldn't use our neighbour's box), also we were told that if the digibox/card are unplugged/removed we had 10 days to reinsert it or the card would be invalid. If you are thinking to take your digibox abroad you have to make sure is not one of those that are given out foc when one gets a sky package deal as it is usually connected to a telephone line.

Your best bet is get a digibox that is not part of any special offer/deal insert card while you are in the UK and if it is an existing account gets the updates. Then unplug when you are due to come back and reconnect everything when you get to Italy. Whatever you do don't call sky from abroad as if they see a number from outside the UK they will terminate your account. That's what we did and it works although we don't get all the channels we have signed up for.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 11:24 am
Pull my finger

Ciao Des,

It used to be that in return for a free digibox you had to keep it connected to the phone line for the first 12 months only - after that no probem. If you've already done the 12 months then you can disconnect the box from the phone - it won't affect your ability to receive ppv in the uk because the signal from the satellite holds this information and not thru the phone line.
Regarding a second box I am not sure. You could phone them (from the UK of course - never from overseas) and advise them that there is no phone line in the room where you want to keep the 2nd box... if it's not a problem then you're sorted. Get the box activated and bring it to Italy. You will never need to connect the box to a phone line in italy.

How much extra does it cost for the 2nd box btw? because you could get a sky viewing box and card from the internet. i got my friend to send me his box and i bought a viewing card for £20 from someone off this website. I'm sure you could pick a box up from ebay for about 30 to 40 quid.

Originally Posted by desrod
Hi,

I'm trying to get UK sky tv in San-Remo, Italy. I have sky at home & was thinking of getting another box through the multi-room subscription & taking that box to San-Remo. The only problem I can see is that Sky will see that the box is either not connected to a phone line & fine me for this, or they'll see that it is connected to an Itialian phone line & I'll be cut off alltogether. Whats the best way around this ?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Des

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.