Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Hi I sent my application for permanent residence in July 2011 it changed to in process on 29th April 2013 anyone else still waiting.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:56 pm
Love & Peace

icecream is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lloydies
Massive congrats! What a relief
It sure is Thanks a bunch and good luck hope you hear soon!!
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

baby_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shee22
Hi I sent my application for permanent residence in July 2011 it changed to in process on 29th April 2013 anyone else still waiting.
@shee22 ---- I saw my in process on May 4, 2013, looks like we are almost on the same boat. I dont know about you but for me my medical is expiring in few days (as medicals are valid for 1 year since the date of medical). Its getting very frustrating other than the cost of the medication, I have to go through the stress of medical exam over again. I applied for work permit extension 85 days ago (paper application as online was/is down) still no reply. I mean what's happening with CIC ? If they are this short staffed I guess they should cut staff overseas and bring some to Ottawa cause the processing time for anything is ridiculously high inside Canada. Also I didnt take vacation for like last 18 months, was thinking will get passport requirement anytime but Im pretty sure I am stuck here for good few months , I am pretty sure many people's life is held up like mine to wait for CIC decision.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 1:40 am
Just Joined

shee22 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had to do our medicals again in feb as they expired in nov 2012 but from looking on other applications they didn't,so I'm not sure why some have to do them again and others don't.This waiting is just not fair.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:08 am
Forum Regular

DoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant futureDoyleLinda has a brilliant future

I'm in the waiting club too guys. Every day I check the mailbox hoping for COPR. So frustrating to not know what's happening.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shee22
We had to do our medicals again in feb as they expired in nov 2012 but from looking on other applications they didn't,so I'm not sure why some have to do them again and others don't.This waiting is just not fair.
@shee22: I am really sorry for you as you applied in July, 2011 and still waiting! And you had to do medical twice, very annoying indeed. I dont want to be political but it's crystal clear from this government activities, it seems like for them -- immigration is all about increasing vote bank for next elections from their favorite countries (I mentioned in my earlier post). I guess you are victim of cutting immigration funds (i.e. closure of Buffalo).

Since it's a political game, i would recommend you to deal politically. Check out this NDP Member of Parliament -- Christine Moore's site ---

http://christinemoore.ndp.ca/post/fo...hristine-moore

---- There's contact phone # and email address, you can contact and to tell your situation. Looks like you waited almost 2 years which is bit long time.

Also check out this another interesting article ----

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12...eates-backlog/

Since I applied in Jan , 2012 I guess I have to wait bit longer before taking action. Keep in touch.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 2:08 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

These comments are made without the slightest grasp of the problems faced by CIC and imagine some kind of nefarious scheme to bolster party vote when, in fact, it is all about inadequate resources to meet demand. It is as simple as that. The money guys provide resource funds to meet targets not the actual (great excess) of applications received.

Originally Posted by baby_boy
@shee22: I am really sorry for you as you applied in July, 2011 and still waiting! And you had to do medical twice, very annoying indeed. I dont want to be political but it's crystal clear from this government activities, it seems like for them -- immigration is all about increasing vote bank for next elections from their favorite countries (I mentioned in my earlier post). I guess you are victim of cutting immigration funds (i.e. closure of Buffalo).

Since it's a political game, i would recommend you to deal politically. Check out this NDP Member of Parliament -- Christine Moore's site ---

http://christinemoore.ndp.ca/post/fo...hristine-moore

---- There's contact phone # and email address, you can contact and to tell your situation. Looks like you waited almost 2 years which is bit long time.

Also check out this another interesting article ----

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12...eates-backlog/

Since I applied in Jan , 2012 I guess I have to wait bit longer before taking action. Keep in touch.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

shee22.think yourself lucky.
mine has said in progress since 2011.i came here in 2009.my medicals were done in november 2011.luckily didnt have to take them again.ottowa say its their fault and would extend them
this whole process is a joke
Old Jun 5th 2013, 12:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
These comments are made without the slightest grasp of the problems faced by CIC and imagine some kind of nefarious scheme to bolster party vote when, in fact, it is all about inadequate resources to meet demand. It is as simple as that. The money guys provide resource funds to meet targets not the actual (great excess) of applications received.
@Dear Mr. Jim Humpries --- I am not talking from emotion or from my imagination, I can give all proof to support my comments. Check out this article about from Globe and Mail which says about this mass immigration from certain group to bolster party vote.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/comme...rticle8901119/

Actually even if you follow immigration forums e.g. canadavisadotcom, you will see people from top favorite countries getting application processed within average 15 months.

So my argument was very simple why government cant cut some funding in those overseas hotspots and invest in Ottawa CIC for temporary foreign workers, foreign students etc. who have invested big chunk in Canadian economy and culture already.

If you follow immigration pattern of top 10 immigration producing countries from 2001 to 2005 and from 2006 to now --- you will see which point of view I am talking about. For a secular person like myself, I am finding the current system very biased and racist.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

Smudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really niceSmudger75 is just really nice

Just thought I would put our timeline on!

TWP at POE August 5th 2011, AINP application April 9th 2012, AINP Nomination October 1st 2012, PR Application November 19th 2012, Application rec'd November 26th 2012, Medical Request January 31st 2013, Medicals February 6th 2013, Application in Process April 4th 2013, ROPR fee request May 29th 2013, Decision Made May 31 2013............ Just waiting for COPR!!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:24 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The Top Ten countries are simply the ones with the most applications in process. There is no mechanism to favor one country over another other than staffing and everywhere that is short now. You used the emotive words "Top Favorite Countries" and they just do not exist.
The Ottawa processing centre seems to have been sudden management decision that was never properly staffed and is only slowly getting a handle on its work load. Because of the rather chaotic way it was initiated cases actually ready for visa fell by the wayside because there were not enough staff to deal with them.
London was suddenly tasked with processing a ton of cases from Islamabad because processing times were exploding not because of favoritism. A decision was suddenly made to target the extreme backlog, a product of many years, whereby some people had waited years with out evidence of processing of their cases. This program has lead to delays for other types of cases and yours is a sad and too typical example of a minister in a hurry doing some good and some awful.

QUOTE=baby_boy;10741250]@Dear Mr. Jim Humpries --- I am not talking from emotion or from my imagination, I can give all proof to support my comments. Check out this article about from Globe and Mail which says about this mass immigration from certain group to bolster party vote.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/comme...rticle8901119/

Actually even if you follow immigration forums e.g. canadavisadotcom, you will see people from top favorite countries getting application processed within average 15 months.

So my argument was very simple why government cant cut some funding in those overseas hotspots and invest in Ottawa CIC for temporary foreign workers, foreign students etc. who have invested big chunk in Canadian economy and culture already.

If you follow immigration pattern of top 10 immigration producing countries from 2001 to 2005 and from 2006 to now --- you will see which point of view I am talking about. For a secular person like myself, I am finding the current system very biased and racist.[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

so jim.can you explain why mine is taking so long.its a straight forward single application.ive been in the country 4 years,there are people i work with who have only been here 18 months,and surprise.they have their PR
Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:03 pm

Beyond the chaotic set up of moving processing from Buffalo to Ottawa there is also the problems of experience of the staff (I have no idea where they found them and do not know who they are). Then Background checks are required although yours should have been completed by now. These depend on how many countries you have lived in and your country of citizenship. There is no excuse for your situation but those are some of the reasons the situation has arisen. I presume you have emailed the Ottawa office and requested an update on your case processing.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

e mailed them on numerous occasions,even speaking to someone from ottowa.answer i get.it SHOULD be sorted soon.they have been saying that for the past 18 months
Old Jun 6th 2013, 4:08 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAGUAR7
e mailed them on numerous occasions,even speaking to someone from ottowa.answer i get.it SHOULD be sorted soon.they have been saying that for the past 18 months
I totally agree with Jim Humphries in that there is no excuse for delays such as you are suffering.

Do you know who the local Federal MP for your constituency is? It might be worth your while contacting them and asking them to make enquiries on your behalf.

I wrote to the Minister for Immigration when I had problems and his office got a response from London CIC within a few days - they had lost my sons' application and hadn't started processing it (3 years after submission); processing then started within a week and the Ministers Office responded to me to let me know.

You can find their website/email from this list: http://www.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfParli...pleteList.aspx

Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.