Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Old Jan 28th 2013, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Case Processing Pilot Ottawa Timelines- please add your experiences

Originally Posted by albertabound
We sent our application FSW2 in June 2011 and have heard nothing except on our CAIPS it was transferred to Ottowa in July 2012
I'm a few months before this, nov 2010 Sydney received my fsw2 , I have not even had medical request yet ,been in canada now for 3 years 6 months on a twp , it's quite bad the uncertain situation I have put my family in
Old Jan 28th 2013, 2:37 am
Just Joined

Tejji is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow...Nov 2010?? When did the Visa Office start processing your application?
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheera67
I'm a few months before this, nov 2010 Sydney received my fsw2 , I have not even had medical request yet ,been in canada now for 3 years 6 months on a twp , it's quite bad the uncertain situation I have put my family in
WOW!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

That is a very long time. Have you had any communica\tion with immigration concerning this at all?

Very scary. Hope it all works out for you
Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

sheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant futuresheera67 has a brilliant future

I had email in march 2011 saying that Sydney ns was now forwarding my app on to buffalo , basically it has sat since then doing nothing in buffalo as these guys probably new they were going to close down , got transferred to ottawa in July 2012 ( only found this out by contacting my mp , cic never informed me of this ) so since then I have been sitting waiting , my mp says they are still doing background checks , mp has been trying to push them along but they seem not to care , I believe the timeline for ottawa is 8 months ,so about feb or march there time is up
Old Jan 31st 2013, 2:03 am
Coaldale Alberta

Trying to live the Dream is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep hanging in there i felt the same,i came out in mar 2009,then brought my family out Dec 2009,sold nearly everything back home and brought a container over with the rest,then spent 3yrs worrying had i done the right thing.constantly worrying about my family and if we would have a future here,and if not having to go home and start again.But we got it and let me say it was all worth waiting for,so keep holding on your here and it will all be good
Old Jan 31st 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

JAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant futureJAGUAR7 has a brilliant future

this is getting quite frustrating.
cic web site says they are processing applications received october 2012.they got mine in july 2012,and still not heard a damn thing.they actually got it before that,but july is when it last got moved back to ottowa
Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Tejji is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Jaguary, where on the CIC website does it say they are processing Oct 2012 applications? Do you mind posting the link?

Thanks.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm getting really frustrated now.

Work Visa runs out Feb 14th - contacted BC PNP office 9 days ago, and still haven't heard back from them or received my updated BC PNP letter.

My ECAS is still showing as "Applcation recieved" and:

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2012.

Medical results have been received."

We sent our medicals to them 21st June 2012, and the above hasn't changed for 6 months...
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Trying to live the Dream
Keep hanging in there i felt the same,i came out in mar 2009,then brought my family out Dec 2009,sold nearly everything back home and brought a container over with the rest,then spent 3yrs worrying had i done the right thing.constantly worrying about my family and if we would have a future here,and if not having to go home and start again.But we got it and let me say it was all worth waiting for,so keep holding on your here and it will all be good
Hey "living the dream" you seem to have an exact mirror image of how I have done the immigration trip , reading your comments are exactly the same way I have done things , including selling lock stock and barrel and moving here , thank you for your kind words
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

wolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of lightwolstie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikey_c_9
I'm getting really frustrated now.

Work Visa runs out Feb 14th - contacted BC PNP office 9 days ago, and still haven't heard back from them or received my updated BC PNP letter.

My ECAS is still showing as "Applcation recieved" and:

"We received your application for permanent residence on April 26, 2012.

Medical results have been received."

We sent our medicals to them 21st June 2012, and the above hasn't changed for 6 months...
Apply online for an extension to your work permit. Give a copy of the original letter you got from PNP supporting your last work permit.

You'll get implied status and will be able to carry on working. They may decline and ask for further proof that you are a PNP applicant (the updated letter). By the time they decline though, you should have received the letter and can send it to them before they make a decision.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

mikey_c_9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wolstie
Apply online for an extension to your work permit. Give a copy of the original letter you got from PNP supporting your last work permit.

You'll get implied status and will be able to carry on working. They may decline and ask for further proof that you are a PNP applicant (the updated letter). By the time they decline though, you should have received the letter and can send it to them before they make a decision.
Thanks for the advice, I have received my updated letter from BC PNP now so I can apply for the extension.

Roll on PPR
Old Feb 6th 2013, 2:15 am
Just Joined

shirley.shi is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received an email from the ottawa office. It seems the timeline is like this:

For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY

Application Received Date - Review Date*
before 1 September 2011 - On or before 28 February 2013

1 September to 30 November 2011 - On or before 31 March 2013

1 December to 28 February 2012 - On or before 31 May 2013

1 March to 31 May 2012 - On or before 31 August 2013

after 1 June 2012 - After 31 August 2013

Hope it helps!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

ness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really niceness101 is just really nice

Thanks Shirley-shi for the details, it's nice to have some sort of timeline.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 6:06 am
Just Joined

raincouver is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shirley.shi
I just received an email from the ottawa office. It seems the timeline is like this:

For Provincial Nominees/ Quebec Skilled Workers ONLY

Application Received Date - Review Date*
before 1 September 2011 - On or before 28 February 2013

1 September to 30 November 2011 - On or before 31 March 2013

1 December to 28 February 2012 - On or before 31 May 2013

1 March to 31 May 2012 - On or before 31 August 2013

after 1 June 2012 - After 31 August 2013

Hope it helps!
Thank you so much for sharing this information! I'm afraid to know the answer to this question, but do you have any idea if the dates refer to the ORIGINAL AOR dates? (So for example, my file was received in June 2011 in Buffalo.) Or is it when they were received in Ottawa in July 2012? I realize you might not have any idea, but please let me know if you do!

Seriously, if it weren't for this forum, I'd be totally out of my mind. I went to my MP's office...gah. No way to get information. The lackey at the front desk got a bit of an earful from me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.