English speaking Graphic Designer looking for work in Paris

English speaking Graphic Designer looking for work in Paris

Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:11 pm
Just Joined

GhostofMozart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English speaking Graphic Designer looking for work in Paris

Hey everyone.

I might as well try this.

I'm from Manchester England and I'm looking to move to Paris but my french is very basic (not good enough to hold full conversations).

My French girlfriend is going to A university in Paris to become an english teacher but for me to move also I would need a payed job (something more than a bar job in an expat bar) and so I'd like to carry on my career as a Graphic Designer...

Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to get this type of job?
Any of you guys/gals work in an english speaking company that I could maybe get in contact with?

At this point I'd do any type of work but Graphic design is my trade.

Any response would be great, thankyou!
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

wombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to allwombatboy is a name known to all
Default Re: English speaking Graphic Designer looking for work in Paris

I used to work in advertising in Paris. (last year as a creative)

Try to get your French to the best you can, otherwise it's difficult. Having said that, I went over with school level and got to intermediate over a year.

For jobs, I would suggest hitting up agencies as the work is varied. (eg. Digitas, BBDO, Ogilvy, MNSTR). Do you have a shit hot portfolio site? I hope so.

Also, look for other creatives in Paris on Behance. Contact them and network.