Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Old Jan 25th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

Originally Posted by 2plus3
I think the problem could be that they have Aus bought PCs?
where you buy your pc has nothing to do with it would be of no use if your laptop stopped working as soon as you got on a plane just because you bought it in the uk, think about it.

i have two laptops one bought in australia the other from the usa and it works on both of them.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

Originally Posted by 2plus3
I think the problem could be that they have Aus bought PCs?
As others have said, totally irrelevant. Software was down so that is the problem. And it still seems to be down...
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by slipshot
As others have said, totally irrelevant. Software was down so that is the problem. And it still seems to be down...
You have to pay for it guys! Maybe some of you got a free trial... But it is a paying service.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:12 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

I think you will probably need to use a UK VPN to get it to work from outside the UK. You generally have to pay a monthly subscription for these.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

So this is a worldwide problem! I'm in the USA, and have enjoyed the free FilmOn aspect for many months, Particularly the British channels.

About three days ago though, I lost it, and am just getting a blank screen! It shows the same display as before, with that lead in 'FilmOn' logo, but then nothing! I tried reloading it back (onto Windows Vista) but to no avail

I think them giving that service away without anybody subscribing any money might be over. What does anybody else think?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:19 pm
Just Joined

jimjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi only had this player for the few days...it worked for an hour then stopped since...! Glad I found this thread as I was thinking it was me.

Are they broke and have shut down or have been shut down ??????!

Anyone called there helpdesk/support number

http://www.filmon.net/contacts.php
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jimjon
Hi only had this player for the few days...it worked for an hour then stopped since...! Glad I found this thread as I was thinking it was me.

Are they broke and have shut down or have been shut down ??????!

Anyone called there helpdesk/support number

http://www.filmon.net/contacts.php
I think FilmOn have chnaged - it always used to be free and onyl the other day I watched over 2 hours on it without paying a cent. But now I get a black screen - and it was never like this in the 8-9 months I have been using it.

I think they have just stopped it being free and everyone needs a subscription which is why it is not working. A real shame as it was a hidden gem, but now it's a gem that costs...
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:29 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

I can connect using a UK VPN
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by earlybird
That would make sense since you may as well just connect directly to the online player rather than go through another service. Surprised they are still not charging you but then it's double the cost.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:38 pm
Just Joined

jimjon is an unknown quantity at this point

So they have started geoip blocking !

I wonder if you pay subscription thats gets lifted ??

Old Jan 25th 2010, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jimjon
So they have started geoip blocking !

I wonder if you pay subscription thats gets lifted ??
I imagine it would. They're probably fed up with people just watching free TV and not renting films.

Any suggestions out there for something similar (ideally free) if the FilmOn loss is permanent?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Hino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond reputeHino has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand why they would get a little cheesed-off with people picking the eyes out of the programme without feeding revenue back to the company, but I have to say the they seem to have handled the situation poorly.

To download the software only to be confronted by the 'black screen of death' when you try to use it, isn't a great marketing tool. No error message, no instruction on how to either pre or post pay............ ???

Thanks to the OP for the link, but I think I'll wait a couple of days, to make sure that there are no developments and then send it to the trash bin. I can get Ozzie TV on my laptop and that will have to do for now

Originally Posted by Peteusa
I imagine it would. They're probably fed up with people just watching free TV and not renting films.

Any suggestions out there for something similar (ideally free) if the FilmOn loss is permanent?

Last edited by Hino; Jan 26th 2010 at 1:19 am. Reason: Lots of smoke from laptop
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I think you will probably need to use a UK VPN to get it to work from outside the UK. You generally have to pay a monthly subscription for these.

Definitely works without a VPN, however it wont work on Linux computers. Only Macs and Windows machines. Unless you install wine onto the Linux machine.

I've been using it since it was mentioned on bexpats about a year ago.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

rat
Originally Posted by Hino
I can understand why they would get a little cheesed-off with people picking the eyes out of the programme without feeding revenue back to the company, but I have to say the they seem to have handled the situation poorly.

To download the software only to be confronted by the 'black screen of death' when you try to use it, isn't a great marketing tool. No error message, no instruction on how to either pre or post pay............ ???

Thanks to the OP for the link, but I think I'll wait a couple of days, to make sure that there are no developments and then send it to the trash bin. I can get Ozzie TV on my laptop and that will have to do for now
Edit Correction thought I'd better check it again.... It was definitely working one week ago....

Seems to have stopped now.... very odd.

First time it's ever failed.

I had posted about firewall being a possible issue.... seems not.

Give it another week and maybe an update will fix it.... not sure why it would stop working after a year though. They havent emailed my registered account with an explanation.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 26th 2010 at 1:51 am.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 1:53 am
Living in the mountains

I am using a Mac with no firewall. I get nothing when running using my standard Australian IP settings. Worked when I logged onto the UK VPN settings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.