Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:27 am
Just Joined

jimjon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

I tried 2 versions of HDI player 2.5 and 2.7 both result in a blank screen....

It sounds terminal
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

Originally Posted by earlybird
I am using a Mac with no firewall. I get nothing when running using my standard Australian IP settings. Worked when I logged onto the UK VPN settings.
That all makes sense - in effect you are using Filmon to connect to a VPN based in the UK which is why you get the chnace to watch everything. So it's a best of both worlds really.

Or it was when it was free but as stated, it does seem to have changed. Oh bugger....
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light77hil is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in the UK and service has been off, on, off, on since I installed it. Working fine now. Maybe it's just a bit unreliable?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Any one up for calling Filmon support ...though Im starting to think the freebie is now gone !
Old Jan 26th 2010, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

Its Back! Its working, its working, its working! (Here in Arizona anyway)

Working on Windows Vista, and Windows 7 laptop!

Give it a try!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

2plus3 will become famous soon enough

I've been watching it this afternoon, no problems.

Kari
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:14 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

Yay...working here too!!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 7:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure this has happened before ..... Just a software glitch, there is no point in this companies existence if it can't work overseas.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Woo Hoo !!!!
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Sure is working here too.

I think it may be to do with problems their end over the weekend and it takes a while to fix. ITV and BBC, here we come again...
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Ok its sorta working...however its stopping every few minutes...have to click on the channel Hi-Lo to keep going.

Anyone else have this issue or is this one just me ?

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:05 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimjon
Ok its sorta working...however its stopping every few minutes...have to click on the channel Hi-Lo to keep going.

Anyone else have this issue or is this one just me ?

Cheers
It depends on a) how many people are watching the same channel as you and b) what sort of Internet connection you're using.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 7:30 am
Just Joined

Im getting the blank screen again...

EDIT:
Sorry about the running commentary...its seems to be working again lol!

Hutch

My internet connection is 15meg line speed...so pretty darned good..or should be.

filmon seems real touchy software

The pattern I get is that it will work fine a few minutes then play up..and then keeps playing up.

Last edited by jimjon; Jan 28th 2010 at 7:44 am.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

I did read on another forum that FilmOn themselves recommend Firefox and Google Chrome. I havent tried that as yet, because after three days, so far so good.

Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:54 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimjon
My internet connection is 15meg line speed...so pretty darned good..or should be. filmon seems real touchy software. The pattern I get is that it will work fine a few minutes then play up..and then keeps playing up.
Something local to your PC then I suspect. I haven't used it in a month or so, but prior to that we watched the X-Factor live on it without any issues. This is with the lo-speed stream mind you - you'll be hard pushed to watch the high speed stream here in Australia no matter how fast your broadband is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.