Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

taking love birds to spain

taking love birds to spain

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

mbrooker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default taking love birds to spain

Can anyone help. I would like to take my lovebirds to spain.
Apparently I need to contact the british airways cargo department. For information on cost and transit details of flight ( 08457222777 ) but this line is constantly ringing.
and also the spanish embassy for the birds health requirements i.e. innoculations and terms of conditions for any microchip requirements needed by spain before taking birds into spain. Again I'm left waiting on an unanswered line.
Has anyone got any knowledge of procedures.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: taking love birds to spain

Hi mbrooker,
you could try this site for more information, I do hope this helps with your problem.

IMPORTATION OF PETS

There are specific rules for different kinds of pets. In general, pets may be imported to Spain if they are accompanied by their owners or their representative and a certificate of origin and health (if they are more than three months old). These are valid for ten days only, and must state that the pet has been under the owner's supervision for three months before being imported, and should include a declaration that the pet is not intended for trade. In the case of dogs, the certificate must show that the pet has had valid anti-rabies inoculation in the last twelve months (six in some cases). Certificates should be obtained from the nearest Animal Health Divisional Office in England. A full list of these offices is available by calling 08459 335 577, and at www.defra.gov.uk

Birds, monkeys and other species will need a certificate stating that there has been no local outbreak of disease that would affect the species for the last 60 days. For more advice please contact the nearest Spanish Consulate.

Owners who intend to take their pets back to England must comply with the Pet Travel Scheme (PETS), for their pet to be able to enter the UK without going into quarantine. For information on PETS, see www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Robert@Eurosettlers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: taking love birds to spain

Originally Posted by mbrooker
Can anyone help. I would like to take my lovebirds to spain.
Apparently I need to contact the british airways cargo department. For information on cost and transit details of flight ( 08457222777 ) but this line is constantly ringing.
and also the spanish embassy for the birds health requirements i.e. innoculations and terms of conditions for any microchip requirements needed by spain before taking birds into spain. Again I'm left waiting on an unanswered line.
Has anyone got any knowledge of procedures.
If you contact www.jets4pets.com they should be able to advise you of the procedures/requirements, etc and can help you practically too, if you so wish. You obviously don't have to, but if you mention Eurosettlers to them it will create some goodwill for us (we have reciprocal web links) and would be much appreciated. Hope this proves helpful.