salary expectations

Old Jun 18th 2012, 8:33 am
Just Joined

arjal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default salary expectations

Hi All,

I have been asked by a potential employer in dubai of my salary expectations, can anyone kindly advice.

I am a Mechanical Engineer (MEP) with 5+ years exp will be coming as a single person

Thanks in Advance
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: salary expectations

What colour are you? No, seriously.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
What colour are you? No, seriously.
are you being serious???
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:21 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arjal
are you being serious???
Welcome to the Middle East. Yes, sadly colour does come into it.

I was once asked by a counter girl at Manchester Airport to describe Dubai in one word (after she found out I lived there). I said racist. I still stand by that to this day.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Welcome to the Middle East. Yes, sadly colour does come into it.

I was once asked by a counter girl at Manchester Airport to describe Dubai in one word (after she found out I lived there). I said racist. I still stand by that to this day.
wow!!! well I am asian but look middle eastern light skinned, hope that helps
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:33 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

wow!!! well I am asian but look middle eastern light skinned, hope that helps
In terms of salary, no not really. Employers will automatically try to pay you less.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiva
In terms of salary, no not really. Employers will automatically try to pay you less.
interesting what is a good salary per month is 20,000-25000 ok? including accommodation? for one person
Old Jun 18th 2012, 11:40 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

interesting what is a good salary per month is 20,000-25000 ok? including accommodation? for one person
For only 5 yrs experience and single yeah it's liveable but this place isn't cheap so more is always better. Accommodation is the killer. Search the forum for detailed breakdown. Autonomy had a good spreadsheet the other day, look for that
Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:44 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

are you being serious???
Which part of "No, seriously" didn't you undestand? My perception is that most western companies operating here don't discriminate...
Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

I have an offer for an interview but they have said the package will be about as follows:

18k per month inc accommodation
+ flights
+ medical

Feels too low appreciate advice ??
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:50 pm
**** it we'll do it live

I have an offer for an interview but they have said the package will be about as follows:

+ flights
+ medical

its not far off what i'd have expected. you should be able to get 20k out of them easily, 25k doubtful on an 18k first offer
Old Jun 19th 2012, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

the company is based in Al Barsha, are there metro stations in the area? and the area itself is it nice?
Old Jun 19th 2012, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

the company is based in Al Barsha, are there metro stations in the area? and the area itself is it nice?
it's beautiful.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 5:32 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

+ flights
+ medical

I'm on a similar package. If you're single and don't plan on going out every night of the weekend and dropping £100+ on beer, you should be fine.

Also, if they're based in Al Barsha, it means they'll most likely be in Al Barsha 1, which is where Mall of the Emirates is. Most of the office space in that area is walking distance from the mall. Also, there is a good range of apartments in that area. There are a lot of duff ones, but there are also some hidden gems.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I'm on a similar package. If you're single and don't plan on going out every night of the weekend and dropping £100+ on beer, you should be fine.

Also, if they're based in Al Barsha, it means they'll most likely be in Al Barsha 1, which is where Mall of the Emirates is. Most of the office space in that area is walking distance from the mall. Also, there is a good range of apartments in that area. There are a lot of duff ones, but there are also some hidden gems.
Thanks for that I will try to negotiate for around if possible 21-22k what is the rent for a good apartment? in Al Bashra?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.