Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh...and working

Riyadh...and working

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 6:27 am
Just Joined

CharlieCat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh...and working

Hi! I've be moving to Riyadh with my husband in late October. I've been following the message board for a few months now and have searched the forum for information specifically about an expat woman working in Riyadh. There are several postings about how unless your in nursing or teaching, there aren't opportunities. I don't work in either field, but I absolutely have to find a job -- or risk going stir crazy as I have no children and a husband who will travel regularly. Are there any other trailing spouses out there who have found jobs in Riyadh? Can anyone provide me with a glimmer of hope?
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

Alfi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh...and working

Hi. I am moving to Riyadh in 3 weeks where both my husband and I will be working. As I understand it there are quite a lot of admin and assistant type jobs available in the English speaking schools. The pay won't be great but I guess for you it is more about the human contact than the money. Do you know where you will be living? We will be in Al Hamra Oasis Village. We don't have children either and are very social (or hope to be at anyrate). Stay in touch and we could hook up when you get here.
Old Aug 4th 2009, 4:11 am
Just Joined

Haifa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Riyadh...and working

Hi

i'm Saudi girl

i think you will find alot of school or acadmy need teachers

I hope to communicate with you to interest

if you need any thing send me message or add me in my email

<snip - not a good idea to post email details - please use PMs>

good luck

Last edited by Autonomy; Aug 4th 2009 at 7:04 am.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 5:38 am
Northerner - Obhur

Spurss is on a distinguished road

hya
In fact, Women's in KSA work in a few sectors, teaching, nursing, medicine, and banking fields . If you have a certificate qualify to one of these sectors .I think you have to ask your husband to contcat his new company to help you to find a job its better.

all the best CharlieCat
Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:37 am
Just Joined

CharlieCat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the input. Just trying to get my head around how to find a job. All the positions I've seen want Arabic skills, which I don't have. Think I'm going to have to get creative, but I'll figure something out!