IELTS Results

Old Jan 22nd 2010, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light
Default IELTS Results

Today i got my IELTS Result which is L-6.5, R-6.5, W-5.5, S-6. My thinking is that my writing was quite well to achieve at least 6 Bands, but they given only 5.5. Can i check or request British Council to Re-Check my paper anyway ?
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS Results

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Today i got my IELTS Result which is L-6.5, R-6.5, W-5.5, S-6. My thinking is that my writing was quite well to achieve at least 6 Bands, but they given only 5.5. Can i check or request British Council to Re-Check my paper anyway ?
there is a provision in IELTS for rechecking of written exam, as written exam is checked manually, its worth going for it as you would require 0.5 more to get through IELTS.

All the best for rechecking if you are going for it
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

FriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of lightFriendForEver is a glorious beacon of light

Can you guide me how to proceed for that ?

One more thing anyone have web link for writing practice material please.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

There is a link to a form in the final question in the FAQ section here.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/switze...ielts-faqs.htm

Note it takes 8 - 10 weeks and costs £60 for a remark although this will be refunded if you do get upgraded. I would consider a resit too, you could do with brushing up on spelling and grammar.

(I am really not saying that in a nasty way, just giving you an honest appraisal so you think twice about before possibly wasting your time and money on a remark).

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Jan 22nd 2010 at 11:09 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FriendForEver
Can you guide me how to proceed for that ?

One more thing anyone have web link for writing practice material please.
My Spouse has taken exam in Lahore on 9 Jan. I am still searching for the results on Britishcouncil website but still not getting the result.

Has Lahore Result announced and updated or not.

Very tensed please guide.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itprofessional
My Spouse has taken exam in Lahore on 9 Jan. I am still searching for the results on Britishcouncil website but still not getting the result.

If she took on the 9th I don't think it will be out until tomorrow will it? I am not sure about that website anyway, mine never showed up on there although it arrived in the post just fine.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:20 pm
Forum Regular

Matrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the roughMatrisha is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by itprofessional

I could access my results online without any problems back then.
But I think they were only available on the 13th day 6 p.m. GMT ...
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

itprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant futureitprofessional has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Matrisha
I could access my results online without any problems back then.
But I think they were only available on the 13th day 6 p.m. GMT ...
Yahoooooooooo! My Spouse has done that.

I hv recently got the results and she has done it with

L=4.5 R=4.5 W=5.5 S=4.5 OA=5

Thank you all.
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

khdmah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi FriendForEver

Requesting will take same time as much as you can re appear for test and also rechecking is not free of cost .... so it is now your wish to go for re checking or re appear again in IELTS

Best of luck !!!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:57 pm
Viktor

viktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura about

Hi friends
I am kind of stuck with similar issue here where i was awarded 6.5 in reading and writing 8.5 in listening and 7 in speaking ,while the target score required 7 in each.
So i am thinking to reappear for the test .the catch is that the whole process to get test date ,and final TRF may take another 5-7 weeks .while i can still apply with the same score however my total score would be 10 points less(120 as of now).
Can i apply with current score and update DIAC with my updated score (hoping the next one will be better )..any thoughts ..Can i use the same process for state sponsorship....
please advice
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 3:44 am
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice

Originally Posted by vivekjaiswal
Hi friends
I am kind of stuck with similar issue here where i was awarded 6.5 in reading and writing 8.5 in listening and 7 in speaking ,while the target score required 7 in each.
So i am thinking to reappear for the test .the catch is that the whole process to get test date ,and final TRF may take another 5-7 weeks .while i can still apply with the same score however my total score would be 10 points less(120 as of now).
Can i apply with current score and update DIAC with my updated score (hoping the next one will be better )..any thoughts ..Can i use the same process for state sponsorship....
please advice
If you have 120 score without 7 in each of IELTS, why you need 7 in each. Please note 120 or 130 does not make any diffrence to DIAC. they are one and the same thing.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 4:03 am
Viktor

viktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura aboutviktorjaisz has a spectacular aura about

Thanks a bunch .. .
Correct me if i am wrong but somewhere i read higher scores are processed first ...Can I confirm what you have told me from somewhere ....Just in case i may need to reappear...
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No higher scores are not processed first. it makes no difference.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by vivekjaiswal
Thanks a bunch .. .
Correct me if i am wrong but somewhere i read higher scores are processed first ...Can I confirm what you have told me from somewhere ....Just in case i may need to reappear...
I don't think its true.
DIAC has set a guideline about visa processing priorities, so if you could go to a category which has higher priority in processing then it will make the process fast.
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

The IELTS Information sheet show that it will take 6-8 week for Re-Marking request to process. At my station next available date is 12th Feb, I think it will be more suitable for me to Re-Take.

Please if someone has any website having practice material specially for writing test, I will be very thank full.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.