Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Kuwati parliamentary candidate - "Sex slaves should be legal"

Kuwati parliamentary candidate - "Sex slaves should be legal"

Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:43 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kuwati parliamentary candidate - "Sex slaves should be legal"

Originally Posted by norsk
As a consultant (never mind in the area of strategy) you probably believe in a lot of things that cannot be proven as part of your job..
I really try very very hard never to let that happen

There's too much appealing to authority in consulting, but it does have its place - if used in the right way.

Oh, and if party A offers a "free" lunch to party B, in the expectation of party B giving something back, but you're party C and slipped in the back door...
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:52 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by typical
Oh, and if party A offers a "free" lunch to party B, in the expectation of party B giving something back, but you're party C and slipped in the back door...
ah yes, but this is a different scenario entirely as you are then acquiring free lunch by deception...

anyway this thread has gone completely off topic. that never happens on BE..
Old Jun 11th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by typical

Half the business of strategy consultants is cleaning up the mess left by other strategy consultants - or, quite often, a mess due to the blind belief in the strategies left behind by them years ago which are still being followed despite fundamental changes in the nature of the business.

I really don't believe in fairies, and I hope that even if a client were to offer my firm several million dollars to do a study into fairies I'd still tell them there probaly aren't any fairies (but here's what to do if fairies suddenly appear)...
You are so right. It is astonishing to see a client in ‘total agreement’ when our strategy folks inform them that the big ‘fifth’ has done a rubbish job despite the fact that they have spent a fortune and we will do the right thing errr... by ripping them off for producing another useless kit. I wish for once we actually work for the benefit of the client rather Partner, I hope he is not reading this as I need my bonus to pay off the holiday I promise Mrs and a promotion to Director.

Back in Blighty, my Finance Director always use to enlighten the strategy folks that if my operations know more than you then you are probably a shit consultant and work done by you cannot be trusted - this offended many but he didn't care.

Last edited by sherri; Jun 11th 2011 at 10:02 am.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:14 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherri
Sorry Meow, no offence was intended. I agree not all atheists are colonialists but sadly most colonialists are atheists
What's a colonialist? Someone who supports colonialism? What kind of colonialism? Taking over other people's countries? Bringing medicines and education to backwards areas or simple empire building? Your definition is rather loose (and your accusations specific).

Most of the people who went around the world wiping out civillisations or absorbing them and destroying their culture were Catholic Conquistadors and Muslim Imperialists - they are the reason why we have no Incas, Aztecs, Mayans today in "Latin" America. Why the Filipinos think Jose is a south east asian name or why the entire middle east is apparent "Arab only" despite there being dozens on ethnic groups, many of whom have older cultures than the Arabs.

The only "atheistic" doctrine that might support colonialism would be Stalinism which would be more to do with political ideology and a cult of personality than atheism.

N.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 8:17 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
At least the National had the self-respect to call it what it actually is- sex slaves.

An insignificant MP in a retarded country. Shows you what kind of subhuman scum the islamofascist groups are in the UK. This is what they all dream of - in secret.

Those animals would happily execute all the rulers in the arab world, so you can imagine what they have in mind for the rest of the world...
How odd...when I say things like this I get called an Islamophobic racist

You're quite right though - this is exactly what the extremists want. A return to an early medieval imperialistic religious ideology based on conquest and subjugation of other peoples.

N.
Old Jun 12th 2011, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

sherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud ofsherri has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Your definition is rather loose (and your accusations specific).N.
I agree. I guess I need to improve on a few things particularly around how to put my message across in a clear and permissive manner, my profession is one of the bottlenecks so you would have to bear with me.

Last edited by sherri; Jun 12th 2011 at 12:35 pm.