Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Albany / Schenectady area?

Any Brits in Albany / Schenectady area?

Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

mandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nicemandianna is just really nice
Default Re: Any Brits in Albany / Schenectady area?

Im in schenectady Im am from Scotland been here almost 5 years.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Neko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud ofNeko128 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mandianna
Im in schenectady Im am from Scotland been here almost 5 years.
Hi.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:25 am
Just Joined

alanuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Originally from Sheffield, England. I'm now in Pittsfield in Mass, but we seem to be the forgotten part of the state. All our TV and news comes from Albany, and It is the nearest decent sized city to us, so we tend to shop there allot.
Old Sep 29th 2011, 1:35 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanuk
I'm Originally from Sheffield, England. I'm now in Pittsfield in Mass, but we seem to be the forgotten part of the state. All our TV and news comes from Albany, and It is the nearest decent sized city to us, so we tend to shop there allot.
Rather nice little brewery opened up in your town recently...

http://www.wanderingstarbrewing.com/main.html

I'm about 60 miles SE of you, from North Wales originally but latterly in London before moving here in 2005.

Welcome to BE!
Old Oct 20th 2011, 1:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tonrob
Rather nice little brewery opened up in your town recently...

http://www.wanderingstarbrewing.com/main.html

I'm about 60 miles SE of you, from North Wales originally but latterly in London before moving here in 2005.

Welcome to BE!
Someone else mentioned that Brewery. I will have to check it out.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 2:17 am
Just Joined

cryos is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from Sheffield originally, living in Clifton Park for the last couple of years. Always interested in meeting local expats. I have to agree with Mahars, Pump Station and add Browns in Troy to the list of decent pubs. There is a new English pub in Albany too, but not had chance to check it out. Putnam market is decent but expensive, and we generally love the Saratoga, NY area.

I didn't realize we had so many expats in the area. Perhaps we should arrange a night out some time?
Old Nov 21st 2011, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cryos
We are from Sheffield originally, living in Clifton Park for the last couple of years. Always interested in meeting local expats. I have to agree with Mahars, Pump Station and add Browns in Troy to the list of decent pubs. There is a new English pub in Albany too, but not had chance to check it out. Putnam market is decent but expensive, and we generally love the Saratoga, NY area.

I didn't realize we had so many expats in the area. Perhaps we should arrange a night out some time?
Its a small world. I'm also from Sheffield, and I met another family from Sheffield living in Mechanicville, when I was delivering pork pies to them.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

We're going to be moving to this neck of the woods very soon, not in NY, but Bennington VT. I'm English from near Bath married to an American (we have kids too) we've been living in PA for 6 and half years. Apparently there is a fish and chip shop in Bennington run by a Brit.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nethead
We're going to be moving to this neck of the woods very soon, not in NY, but Bennington VT. I'm English from near Bath married to an American (we have kids too) we've been living in PA for 6 and half years. Apparently there is a fish and chip shop in Bennington run by a Brit.
The Fish and Chip shop is called Lil Britain. Run by a couple from Stoke On Trent. Brilliant fish and chips.

Last edited by alanuk; Nov 21st 2011 at 8:44 pm.
Old Nov 21st 2011, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

The Fish and Chip shop is called Lil Britain. Run by a couple from Stoke On Trent. Brilliant fish and chips.
Cool, can't wait to sample them
Old Dec 15th 2011, 10:17 pm
Just Joined

Climbingfishgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cryos

Delighted to find this thread. We have just moved to Glenville from the UK. Definately still having moments of feeling very foreign. Would love to meet up with other Brits (or ex Brits). Any suggestions where or when?
Old Dec 16th 2011, 7:35 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
Cool, can't wait to sample them
This is going to just pip A Salt & Battery to the post as being my new local chippy.

I am so coming there sometime soon - make sure there's some left for me!!!
Old Dec 16th 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tonrob
This is going to just pip A Salt & Battery to the post as being my new local chippy.

I am so coming there sometime soon - make sure there's some left for me!!!
Will do! Sampled them last weekend, very nice they were too
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:26 pm
VJW
Forum Regular

VJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really niceVJW is just really nice
Smile Re: Any Brits in Albany / Schenectady area?

Originally Posted by Climbingfishgirl
Delighted to find this thread. We have just moved to Glenville from the UK. Definately still having moments of feeling very foreign. Would love to meet up with other Brits (or ex Brits). Any suggestions where or when?
Hello, we live in Clifton Park, moved from Gloucestershire, England in September last year. Still sussing out the area and waiting for 'The Snow'. We moved here with my husband's job. We have a nine yr old daughter, dog and mice in the basement. Be great to get in touch with other local Brits. I'm new to all this thread/reply/board thing, so have yet to get used to how it works. Really pleased to find others as feeling a little homesick right now, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Regards
Old Jan 10th 2012, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

Climbingfishgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VJW
Hello, we live in Clifton Park, moved from Gloucestershire, England in September last year. Still sussing out the area and waiting for 'The Snow'. We moved here with my husband's job. We have a nine yr old daughter, dog and mice in the basement. Be great to get in touch with other local Brits. I'm new to all this thread/reply/board thing, so have yet to get used to how it works. Really pleased to find others as feeling a little homesick right now, but I'm sure I'll get over it. Regards
Small world. We moved from Evesham, Worcestershire for my husbands job with GE. I'm only about 10 miles from you. I think I've sent you a direct email but there was an air of weirdness about it. Something about I didn't have enough expat posts ...... If you don't get it, let me know here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.