Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Old May 25th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

dickylewis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Douglas

It is not denial as such; just don't want to throw myself on my sword without fully ivestigating options. Don't actually care about "freehold ownership", just want to live there for a few months of the year.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

karlq is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with you dicky, he takes over the whole forum,alot of people have stopped talking now,coz of certain dooms and glooms ,who have been bit on the arse, do it legit no problems.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by dickylewis
Douglas

It is not denial as such; just don't want to throw myself on my sword without fully ivestigating options. Don't actually care about "freehold ownership", just want to live there for a few months of the year.
Hi dicky,

I understand you just want to live there for a few months of the year. What I dont understand is why you are prepared to pay out so much in time and money in order to do so?

douglas
Old May 25th 2007, 10:42 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Douglas M
Hi Noni,

I know you and others are trying to help.

Regarding conflicting advice, newbies just read FEMA, all the answers are there.

I have set up a new thread for those who are still in denial, even after having had the whole thing clearly explained to them by experienced FNs.

Hopefully there will be less wasting of time now.

kind regards

douglas
What it all boils down to - we love Goa - we love the warmth of the sun and tranquility and are romanced by the idea of living the (dare I say) the peaceful life.
We are lulled into false security - Oh! I so wish it was different. I can't wait to get back there, sit on the balcony with a Vodka and Orange and watch the wildlife.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Noni

Yup sounds about right! Anyway life wouldn't be so much fun without some b*@$rds trying to fleece you in some way..... just look at Mr Brown and my council tax!!!!!!!!!
Old May 25th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by karlq
i agree with you dicky, he takes over the whole forum,alot of people have stopped talking now,coz of certain dooms and glooms ,who have been bit on the arse, do it legit no problems.
HI karlq,

I can see from your last post and some of your previous ones that you are indeed an intellectual heavyweight.

Douglas is obviously no match for you in matters of goan law, culture and human psychology.

Please tell us more, there must be further gems you can share with us.

douglas
Old May 25th 2007, 11:53 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Noni

Yup sounds about right! Anyway life wouldn't be so much fun without some b*@$rds trying to fleece you in some way..... just look at Mr Brown and my council tax!!!!!!!!!
Now don't start me off on that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how all this will pan out in Goa but we must all say
"Don't let the Bastards get us down"
Old May 25th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Douglas

Hi Dicky. Why don't you just rent, saves all the problems and it is still cheap.
Tony P
Old May 25th 2007, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

TONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond reputeTONY P has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karlq
Hi Douglas
I can see you have made another friend here, I am sure that he will explain how to do it legit in his next post.
It seems to me that there are 4 types of people who look at these threads, those looking at the possibility of buying and want some insight and information, those that have a property and don't post because they don't want to draw attention to themselves, those who are very concerned about the situation and are trying to draw everybody elses attention to the problems and inform them and those that tell us all how easy it is, how their friends have done it, that their is nothing to worry about, how this or that company is great and let's all form neighbourhood groups and you must hurry before everything is sold because it is so cheap. The smell of rodent gets stronger.
Old May 25th 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TONY P
Hi Douglas
I can see you have made another friend here, I am sure that he will explain how to do it legit in his next post.
It seems to me that there are 4 types of people who look at these threads, those looking at the possibility of buying and want some insight and information, those that have a property and don't post because they don't want to draw attention to themselves, those who are very concerned about the situation and are trying to draw everybody elses attention to the problems and inform them and those that tell us all how easy it is, how their friends have done it, that their is nothing to worry about, how this or that company is great and let's all form neighbourhood groups and you must hurry before everything is sold because it is so cheap. The smell of rodent gets stronger.
Hi Tony P,

Douglas has always made enemies easily.

In any statistical sample, you obviously have to remove the extreme values at both ends, so some posts have to be disregarded when formulating the average responder profile. So, extreme doesnt count with douglas.

Interesting, your observation on types of viewers on this site. Even more interesting is how posting personalities are not definitive. By that i mean most of us have traits of each type within us and express them differently on different days and in different threads. Over time, the emphasis can thus change.

Also, maybe we tend to type cast ourselves after a few posts and respond in a habitual and expected way. Maybe douglas will go into denial next week for a change, who knows.

regards

douglas
Old May 29th 2007, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Hi all

Still pretty new to this Goa game. Would love to hear from any non Indian national (eg any standard Anglo saxon / Celtish Brit) who has managed to buy in Goa without the hassles described on this site. Not sure what happened to Douglas but I suspect rape and pillage at the very least form his inputs!
Old May 29th 2007, 8:04 am

Hi all

Still pretty new to this Goa game. Would love to hear from any non Indian national (eg any standard Anglo saxon / Celtish Brit) who has managed to buy in Goa without the hassles described on this site. Not sure what happened to Douglas but I suspect rape and pillage at the very least form his inputs!
Hi Dicky
There are many people like us (U.K. residents) in Goa who have their Sale Deeds in their own name - registered - but will they receive the letter we received from Directorate of Enforcement, it was rumored that the authorities were starting at those registered in 2005 and working back. We hope everything will be o.k. BUT you can never tell. Oh! to wake up with a letter staying Welcome to Goa - enjoy your retirement live out your days in peace tranquility spending the kids inheritance.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all

Hi dickylewis,

Lets try it another way, lets move the whole thing back to uk where there is more oxygen in the air and brains function more clearly.

So , same scenario but this time with english subtitles.

In 1999 the bank of england passed a law that says anyone from outside the isle of wight cannot buy property on the iow full stop, but they can lease it short term, the act is called FEMA.

They then made an exception to the rule and said that if they were deemed resident, people from outside the isle of wight could buy.

The conditions fror residency were, (and still are) a physical presence on the IOW for 183 days or more in the previous tax year and an acceptable purpose and intention to stay. In order to fulfill those conditions, in practice, a person from outside the iow requires a visa other than a tourist visa and a permit from the FRO.

Along comes your local estate agent and local builder who then say "dont you take any notice of those bank of england people dicky or immigration for that matter, we have our own set of agreements and rules, just sign this piece of paper and hand over a big lump of money to us in exchange for a brochure, a map and a piece of dirt and everything will be alright"

I am sure if the air was cooler, you would smile, tell them to piss off and wouldnt even dream of committing illegal acts, handing over large sums of money for worthless pieces of paper, for property that isnt even built yet and so on.

So why do you think so differently when you are in goa, under exactly the circumstances that i have outlined above?

Please dont tell me its because lots of other stupid FNs have already done it, so it must be alright!

regards

douglas
Old May 29th 2007, 9:22 am
Banned

Milward is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Douglas,
Is there anything I can help you with? I have seen that the nevative tots you have been posting on this forum. I am aware you are trying to advise members of this forum about the new rules but please be informed that there are possibilites & options still available to own a immovable property in Goa. Please don't scare members about investing/moving in Goa. I see that you are well informed about the new rules but did you try investing in Goa?

We Goans are peace loving people.
Old May 29th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

I for one would be particularly interested in the "options to purchase in Goa". I have just Emailed Charlie Prichard at Churchills with a summary of the various concerns and issues; I suggest others do the same and then we might finally get a clearer picture. Douglas does seem convincing but still does not say whether he has had his fingers burnt and how!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.