Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Canada

just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Canada

Old Dec 16th 2009, 5:50 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Can

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
The short answer: yes. As Lansbury pointed out, if you are a USC, then you are required by law to use this passport when entering or leaving the US.

A UK airline will want to see the passport before they will even allow you to board the plane back to the US, esp since you will not have to complete an ESTA and you can't use the VWP to enter the US. Your natz certificate is not sufficient proof for re-entry.
As has been pointed out though, in some states (e.g. WA) you can get an enhanced driver's license which is valid for land border crossings into and out of the US. Obviously there are available to USCs only.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:03 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: just became usa citizen however now usa passport, have uk passport travel to Can

Originally Posted by nettlebed
As has been pointed out though, in some states (e.g. WA) you can get an enhanced driver's license which is valid for land border crossings into and out of the US. Obviously there are available to USCs only.
that's why I said, or authorized travel document, as there are a few others apart from an EDL.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I wonder if he has a budgie
I remember a poem by John Lennon... in his book "A Spaniard in the Works".

I have a little budgie,
He is my very pal.
I take him walks in Britain
I hope I always shall.

I call my budgie Jeffrey,
My granddad's name the same.
I call him after granddad
Who had a feathered brain.

Oh... quite apropos in this thread!

The whole poem is here: http://askville.amazon.com/Budgie-fa...estId=12763855.

Ian
Old Dec 16th 2009, 6:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I remember a poem by John Lennon... in his book "A Spaniard in the Works".

I have a little budgie,
Bit of an In Joke that was ....

My old granny ... used to look after various cons budgies
while they were banged up as guest of HM
she was quite famous for it
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

mrfoxy76 will become famous soon enough

WOW i am amazed this thread has generated so much interest.

i am sitting at the airport just passed thru immigration the whole process took me 10 minutes.

i went up to the desk and was sent for a second interview, expected this

when i went into the second interview room i sat there for approx 5 mins and was called up, the officer told me and i quote "i have to let you into the us" this is your first warning if you travel again without a us passport there will be a fine of $545.00. he then gave me back my docs and told me i am good to go.

all in all painless experience, passport application goes in the mail tomorrow.

the one man crime spree has came to an end with no charges pending!!!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

i am sitting reading this whole thread and laughing my ass off at the airport people looking at me wondering what all the fun is about!

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Result - now we know you get one free home run

Glad you wont be spending Christmas in the clink.
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrfoxy76

i am sitting at the airport just passed thru immigration the whole process took me 10 minutes.

when i went into the second interview room i sat there for approx 5 mins and was called up, the officer told me and i quote "i have to let you into the us" this is your first warning if you travel again without a us passport there will be a fine of $545.00. he then gave me back my docs and told me i am good to go.

Welcome back!....bit of an anti climax, but hey ho it'll soon be Christmas
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Bit of an In Joke that was ....

My old granny ... used to look after various cons budgies
while they were banged up as guest of HM
she was quite famous for it
Awww bless!
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:19 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

i am sitting reading this whole thread and laughing my ass off at the airport people looking at me wondering what all the fun is about!
Glad you got away with it. And, interesting info.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:20 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

What, no body cavity search? TSA is getting pretty lax.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
Sir he is a British man pushing the boundaries of known civilization, just as our ancestors did when they built the Empire and you think it is not important we get him back. I am shocked.

No wait he is American now, silly bugger got himself in the mess you're right

Reg
Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Good for you old chap. And no whoops bendover. Not in the mail, first one needs to be in person @ main PO.

Ok, for the real test:
A) We now need someone to try this, from a far distant land.
B) We need someone, who became a USC several years ago to try this from Canada.
C) We need another volunteer, who became a USC several years ago, to try this from, a far distant land.

Anyone, someone.

Reg. Frank R.
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:33 pm
Guttural Brumerican

Titchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond reputeTitchski has a reputation beyond repute

Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-SGH-I617/1.0 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.6))

Glad you got away with it - you were lucky to get a non officious POE type it seems....

However please tell me you won't be mailing your PP application and will instead be going to your local office to get the application in as it states on the DOS website?
Old Dec 16th 2009, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

i will be going to the local post office who handles applications and get it there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.