Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

Old Dec 6th 2013, 6:32 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 33.3% off at Amazon with AMEX

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Already on it..popping there after work
Just got back from Kohl's. Ours has (among others):

Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy, iTunes plus a load of shitty chain restaurants and other bits and bobs. I'll take 20% off Home Depot/Lowes any day - stack it with the Lowes Movers' Coupon for 30% total, and if you also have a Discover Card, shop online via ShopDiscover for a total of 35% off. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 10:50 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Aaaaand there's more...

$5 credit when you spend $25 at Toys'R'Us. Our local TRUs sell Kindle gift cards (Kindle = Amazon).

If anyone wants to know how to register more than one of their AMEX cards with the same offer then (a) Google it or (b) PM me. Sometimes don't like poking the beast by simply re-posting this stuff in yet another place on the internet.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

NatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond reputeNatashaB has a reputation beyond repute

Got an email this morning offering a $5 statement credit when I sync my tripadvisor account with my Amex card and post a review:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Amex-c1
Old Dec 12th 2013, 2:34 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by NatashaB
Got an email this morning offering a $5 statement credit when I sync my tripadvisor account with my Amex card and post a review:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Amex-c1
Good spot.

AMEX have really upped their game with these. I've had $770 in statement credits from them in the last 3 weeks, between the Small Business Saturday, Amazon, Kohl's, BP, Mobil and Tiger Direct offers!
Old Apr 10th 2014, 5:14 pm
Septic Sprout

Default 20% off Gas and Amazon

Current AMEX Sync offers include $10 off $50 at Lowes and $20 off $100 at Staples. Both Lowes and Staples sell very useful gift cards, including Amazon and Shell (plus various chain restaurants, and more).

If you have more than one AMEX card (incl. authorized users) then there are workarounds so that you can register all your cards for the promo (instead of the usual one per person). Frequent Miler, one of my favourite miles/points blogs, explains a brilliant method using Twitter here.

Bit of work to set up but then you sync all of your cards for the offers you want in just a few seconds, both now and in the future.

Mrs tonrob and I have loads of AMEX cards, so we'll be enjoying 20% off Amazon and Petrol for a while to come!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:41 am
Septic Sprout

Default Re: 20% off Gas and Amazon

Originally Posted by tonrob
Current AMEX Sync offers include $10 off $50 at Lowes and $20 off $100 at Staples. Both Lowes and Staples sell very useful gift cards, including Amazon and Shell (plus various chain restaurants, and more).

If you have more than one AMEX card (incl. authorized users) then there are workarounds so that you can register all your cards for the promo (instead of the usual one per person). Frequent Miler, one of my favourite miles/points blogs, explains a brilliant method using Twitter here.

Bit of work to set up but then you sync all of your cards for the offers you want in just a few seconds, both now and in the future.

Mrs tonrob and I have loads of AMEX cards, so we'll be enjoying 20% off Amazon and Petrol for a while to come!
Tried the above-linked method - took 3 hours to create 30 Twitter accounts, sync each of them to a different AMEX card and then add them to Tweet Deck. The payback is that I can now sign up all 30 card to a particular offer in about 10 seconds flat. Used this for the first time today with the current Lowes offer, buying $1,000 worth of Amazon gift cards for $800. Will go back at the weekend for Shell gift cards at effectively 20% off.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 1:55 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Tried the above-linked method - took 3 hours to create 30 Twitter accounts, sync each of them to a different AMEX card and then add them to Tweet Deck. The payback is that I can now sign up all 30 card to a particular offer in about 10 seconds flat. Used this for the first time today with the current Lowes offer, buying $1,000 worth of Amazon gift cards for $800. Will go back at the weekend for Shell gift cards at effectively 20% off.
You have 30 Amex cards?!
Old Apr 18th 2014, 6:09 pm
Septic Sprout

You have 30 Amex cards?!
Yes, between Mrs tonrob and I, and including additional cardholders.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 3:53 pm
Septic Sprout

Default 20% off at Home Depot (AMEX Twitter)

#amexhomedepot on Twitter for $15 back when spending $75 at Home Depot (before 30th June), so equivalent to 20% off. Home Depot sells 3rd party gift cards, and I suspect these include both $50 and $25 denominations for Amazon, gas stations etc.

Just used Tweet Deck to sync all my AMEX cards (see above posts) so looking forward to more nice discounts on some of my everyday spending for quite a while longer!
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 11:52 pm
Septic Sprout

Default While you're at it

#amexdunkindonut for $5 back when you spend $5. Free coffee and donuts all round. Ends 30 June, as does the Home Depot one.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 2:01 am
Septic Sprout

Default Re: While you're at it

#amexdunkindonut for $5 back when you spend $5. Free coffee and donuts all round. Ends 30 June, as does the Home Depot one.
By the way, this works for gift cards purchased via the Dunkin Donuts phone app. Easy way to get $5x [number of AMEX cards you hold] worth of free donuts and shit.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 2:34 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, this works for gift cards purchased via the Dunkin Donuts phone app. Easy way to get $5x [number of AMEX cards you hold] worth of free donuts and shit.
Already used this one
Old Jun 20th 2014, 2:46 am
Septic Sprout

Already used this one
How many times?
Old Jun 20th 2014, 3:35 am
Banned

How many times?
Twice. Once on my card, once on wife's.
Old Jul 16th 2014, 1:03 pm
Septic Sprout

AMEX doing $25 off $250 at Best Buy, who sell Kindle Gift Cards (which work exactly the same as Amazon Gift Cards).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.