Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:46 am
Just Joined

RR82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Fantastic, thanks for the speedy responses!
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janemin61
i am not sure if this the right way to do this,but wanted to let you know.I received my return receipt back today.So i know now that the Consulate did receive it.Now we will see how long it takes them to process it.but i am a lot less worried than i was yesterday.
I was looking at my return receipt & it was stamped Feb 15th by the passport dept.Now it will be interesting to see how long before they take money out of my account & start on my pass port.hope its before 20th of march as thats when my PP is due to expire
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 12:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janemin61
I was looking at my return receipt & it was stamped Feb 15th by the passport dept.Now it will be interesting to see how long before they take money out of my account & start on my pass port.hope its before 20th of march as thats when my PP is due to expire
It makes no difference whether your PP expires or not.
Old Feb 22nd 2013, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent news they are on a quick turnaround.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:09 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Old passport arrived back today with the corners cut off, also came DHL signature required.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:52 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, I've been looking all over for information like this, so thanks for starting this thread. I recently applied for my UK passport here in the USA, so I'll put my 2cents worth into the mix.
Application mailed: February 12th 2013
Application received in Washington: February 13th 2013
Money deducted from account: February 20th 2013 (Monday 18th was a holiday so office probably closed)
Original documents returned: not received yet
Passport received: not received yet.

I hope it arrives soon, because I want to fly out March 12th but didn't want to book my ticket just in case it took the 4-6 weeks I was originally told.

I too had issues with the passport photos, but I ended up reading somewhere that they would accept the typical US 2x2 size photo and cut it down to their requirements, so long as the facial height (from crown to chin) was what they wanted. Also, as they took the entire $244 from my account I am presuming that everything was accepted because if there was a problem with the application in any way I was told they would just take out a processing fee for returning the application and the original documents.

So fingers crossed ! Will let you all know an update as soon as I receive the documents back and my passport.

Although on another good note.... I read on another web site forum that people have often received their documents back on one day and the passport arrived the day after, or even received their passport BEFORE their documents have come back, so I guess anything is possible..LOL
Old Feb 25th 2013, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by slummymummy
Thank you Bob, very helpful! So, we probably won't renew her UK passport. That doesn't mean she's not a UK citizen anymore. Obviously. And she can still get one later on if needed.

Good luck to the rest of you...

I saw somewhere that Dean is still around but he is busy so doesn't have much time for this anymore. That might have been old though, not sure.
I'm still here!

Dean
Old Feb 25th 2013, 5:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I don't know if anyone else has had any problems with DHL or if their passports have arrived using DHL but I wrote to DHL over the weekend just to see if there was any way they could see if I had a package/envelope on the way just by using my name and address and no tracking number. I received this reply just this morning and it said:

Thank you for contacting DHL.

I am sorry but we no longer provide domestic service since DHL is no longer accepting domestic ground or air express shipments within the USA.

Please advise if we can be of any further assistance.

Thank you,

<snip>
Customer Service
[email protected]

So does this mean the original documents and/or passport will no longer come via DHL???

Last edited by Bob; Feb 25th 2013 at 7:47 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:08 pm
Long Time Lurker..

hwfd83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just received an email from DHL that "Documents" had been shipped to my address from Washington DC.

Think its likely to be the old passport and supporting documents because of where its shipping from but certainly encouraging news whatever it is!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:11 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by hwfd83
I just received an email from DHL that "Documents" had been shipped to my address from Washington DC.

Think its likely to be the old passport and supporting documents because of where its shipping from but certainly encouraging news whatever it is!
That is good news How long did it take from when you submitted the application and had the money taken out of your account, to getting this email???
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Good news my friend. As we have similar timelines I hope mine will follow suit
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't get the DHL email till after the passport had already arrived (same day), so maybe you'll get the passport today.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:32 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
I didn't get the DHL email till after the passport had already arrived (same day), so maybe you'll get the passport today.
I'm wondering if the DHL email relates to the actual passport, or just the return of the original documents?? Do both come by DHL??
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:49 pm
Long Time Lurker..

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That is good news How long did it take from when you submitted the application and had the money taken out of your account, to getting this email???
Passport renewal Fed Ex'd : Feb 6th 2013
Passport delivered : Feb 8th 2013
Fee charged : Feb 13th 2013
New passport delivered : ??

Received the e-mail about 30 minutes ago. (Feb 25th)

Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
Good news my friend. As we have similar timelines I hope mine will follow suit
It shouldn't be far behind! It should be in front, maybe they just didn't send you the email?
Old Feb 25th 2013, 7:49 pm
Long Time Lurker..

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
That would be pretty amazing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.