Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Old Feb 14th 2013, 2:47 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk passport renewal times in the USA

Originally Posted by ukchick81
It is a usa bank
When I called them after it had been pending for a day and asked why it was still pending the associate said he wasnt sure but it should be fine. The strange thing is the fedex charge to send it sat pending for 5 days!
Sometimes I think we have too much "almost real time" info available. Better to let things take their course, than fret about it
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:03 am
Just Joined

rich4hacker is an unknown quantity at this point

i want uk visa what can i do? i am from india
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:08 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rich4hacker
That's weird.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Join a queue!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

Wolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond reputeWolfpit228 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all im new to this forum
I sent my application for the renewal of my passport by fedex 7th of feb they have the fee pending from my bank as of the 11th feb. Its still sitting pending as of now I really hope it clears by tomorrow
I was wondering if anybody else has had the fee pending for a few days???
I called my bank to tell them to allow all charges from DC and the UK to go through they said it was not a problem
Ill keep you posted of with my timeline.
Pretty much the same timeline as mine. I believe mine is still pending too. However my bank said it was ok and made a note too, to make sure it goes through. Ill be interested to see if it clears in the morning.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 3:48 am
Just Joined

NBRettie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all im new to this forum
I sent my application for the renewal of my passport by fedex 7th of feb they have the fee pending from my bank as of the 11th feb. Its still sitting pending as of now I really hope it clears by tomorrow
I was wondering if anybody else has had the fee pending for a few days???
I called my bank to tell them to allow all charges from DC and the UK to go through they said it was not a problem
Ill keep you posted of with my timeline.

I sent in my application form, supporting documents, and sheet for bank info to be charged. Showed as pending on my bank account on Feb 1st, then showed as charged on Feb 4th. So same thing happened to me, didn't call my bank (Bank of America) to notify them of the charge and it all worked out fine. Also had two separate charges, the first was $244 for the passport fees that was pending and then once it went through there was a separate charge of $7.32 from the Consular S'VCE Washington London International Transaction fee, so while I was charged a bit more than I thought I would be I was very happy to see that the charges had gone through which led me to believe everything was acceptable on my application and supporting documents.

Long story short I think you will be ok.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 10:48 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Find a different forum. This one is for people who want to come to the US.

Ian
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

ukchick81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone
The transaction finally went through!!!
The amount changed from $244.00 to 246.44 I'm guessing that's why it was pending for so long waiting for the final amount. (maybe something to do with the exchange rate???) and it went from the charge being from DC to London consular.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Good stuff. Mines still pending. As Is another item so I'm assuming it should clear today or tomorrow
Old Feb 14th 2013, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

janemin61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by janemin61
i just found out that it reached the postal depot in DC.but they don't know if it was delivered to the Consulate.I have my post office looking into it now.
Does anyone know if there is a an email address that goes to the passport office iat the british consulate.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by janemin61
I sent my passport to be renewed January 30th by US priority mail certified & return receipt requested.I traced it to DC .Does anyone know how long it takes before i get my return receipt form back.I would just like to know it got to the British Consulate
The return receipt should make it back to you within a couple of days of it being signed for :0)
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

I'm pretty sure I asked for a receipt too and I didn't get one back yet.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

The return receipt should make it back to you within a couple of days of it being signed for :0)
Originally Posted by Wolfpit228
I'm pretty sure I asked for a receipt too and I didn't get one back yet.
I havent received a receipt for my passport yet, The receipt in question was the one sent back by the postal service pretty much saying the pkg was received
Old Feb 14th 2013, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

Ah I see what you mean now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.