International Experience Canada

Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

hayleyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

Irish fee is E120 ...so will it be around the same for the UK? I'm having to get someone else to temporarily pay my fee because I dont have a card reader needed to process a payment through my bank- this should be ok right? The surnames will match..
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Dandaman1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hayleyke
Irish fee is E120 ...so will it be around the same for the UK? I'm having to get someone else to temporarily pay my fee because I dont have a card reader needed to process a payment through my bank- this should be ok right? The surnames will match..
Last year a family member paid for mine and it was fine. It doesn't matter to them 'who' is paying, as long as they are paid for your application.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

Taukin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm Irish but living in the UK. When I paid the 120 euro fee the lady behind the desk said a reference number couldn't be attached because it was an international payment. I think tbh she maybe didn't know what she was doing...

I've scanned the receipt in and emailed IEC explaining the situation, but as the remaining places goes down my worry goes up. The consensus on this thread that once you're invited to pay you have a place reserved makes me feel a little better...

But does anyone have any experience with trouble with the payment / payment reference?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

You'd have thought as they're going to be receiving over 75 thousand euros for the Irish places alone they might consider setting up an online debit card order form.....
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Argh can't believe they haven't come out yet. Got a feeling it will be a few weeks yet :-(

Thanks for everyone who helped me with the police check questions... my partner has now got his certificate but it shows his conviction instead of saying no live trace.

The certificate shows the charge of 'driving without due care and attention in 2006' and then shows the fines and points he got. Does anyone know if there is any chance of it still getting approved?

It was years ago and the points have been taken off his licence but after speaking to ACRO they have said there is no stand down on it. So gutting that this could be the thing that stops us going. Really thought it would show as no live trace :-(

Anyone know anything about this?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura_mc
Argh can't believe they haven't come out yet. Got a feeling it will be a few weeks yet :-(

Thanks for everyone who helped me with the police check questions... my partner has now got his certificate but it shows his conviction instead of saying no live trace.

The certificate shows the charge of 'driving without due care and attention in 2006' and then shows the fines and points he got. Does anyone know if there is any chance of it still getting approved?

It was years ago and the points have been taken off his licence but after speaking to ACRO they have said there is no stand down on it. So gutting that this could be the thing that stops us going. Really thought it would show as no live trace :-(

Anyone know anything about this?
Chances are the driving without due care and attention wont be equated to a criminal offence in Canada unless its considered as dangerous operation under the criminal code section 249. Your offence seems more likely to be under a provincial statute not federal so it wont be equated.

Dangerous operation of motor vehicles, vessels and aircraft

249. (1) Every one commits an offence who operates

(a) a motor vehicle in a manner that is dangerous to the public, having regard to all the circumstances, including the nature, condition and use of the place at which the motor vehicle is being operated and the amount of traffic that at the time is or might reasonably be expected to be at that place;
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Laura I think you are LUCKY that it says this instead of no live trace.

As far as I am aware, driving offenses like this do NOT make you criminally inadmissible, and as it doesnt say no live trace you wont have to go through the hassle and time of doing an FOI request to prove to the canadians what the criminal record was.

I think you will have no problem at all, but when they ask for details of the conviction make sure it makes you look hard done by - say he was driving fast because you were in the passenger seat and had gone into labour or somethng
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

tomTO is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, first post. Please be gentle.

I'm on my first year in the IEC programme, my work permit expires in late April. Obviously we're all a little nervous as the 2013 Initiative hasn't opened yet...does anyone have any conrete plans if their work permit expires before their second year's application is successful? Nothing illegal, ie under the table, cash in hand stuff, I'm not interested in that.

I've been over here since late April last year, moved with my girlfriend (a Canadian citizen)...does anyone know if you can apply for permanent residency through common-law sponsorship before you've been living together for a year, to be precise, 10 months, knowing that the time elapsed during the application would take you over 12 months of co-habiting?

Thanks guys. For anyone who is looking to apply for the 2013 Initiative, I'd be happy to answer any quesions, assuming the process is the same. I had a fairly painless application last year, even with RMP certificates and chest x-rays due to numerous overseas deployments.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

laura_mc is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both. That's good to know. I wouldn't have thought it shouldn't be a problem, but I know someone who had a dangerous driving charge and couldn't get a visa because of it.

Guess we will just have to wait and see if it's okay for the second phase of the application. That is if they ever open the applications!

Thanks again for your help.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tomTO

I'm on my first year in the IEC programme, my work permit expires in late April. Obviously we're all a little nervous as the 2013 Initiative hasn't opened yet...does anyone have any conrete plans if their work permit expires before their second year's application is successful? Nothing illegal, ie under the table, cash in hand stuff, I'm not interested in that.

I've been over here since late April last year, moved with my girlfriend (a Canadian citizen)...does anyone know if you can apply for permanent residency through common-law sponsorship before you've been living together for a year, to be precise, 10 months, knowing that the time elapsed during the application would take you over 12 months of co-habiting?

Thanks guys. For anyone who is looking to apply for the 2013 Initiative, I'd be happy to answer any quesions, assuming the process is the same. I had a fairly painless application last year, even with RMP certificates and chest x-rays due to numerous overseas deployments.
Id wait until you have the 12 months as common law sponsorship before going down that route. You could swap over to visitor status if need be until you get confirmation of sponsorship or a new work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
Old Feb 1st 2013, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Kitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to allKitslane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tomTO

As far as I know you must be in a common-law partnership prior to applying for PR. We applied for PR in 2010 (still waiting!) and needed to get proof that we were in a common-law relationship, luckily we had lived together for a few years so it wasnt an issue but did need to get stat. declarations and provide documentation to prove our status...
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Id wait until you have the 12 months as common law sponsorship before going down that route. You could swap over to visitor status if need be until you get confirmation of sponsorship or a new work permit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp
Thanks very much, FL.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kitslane
As far as I know you must be in a common-law partnership prior to applying for PR. We applied for PR in 2010 (still waiting!) and needed to get proof that we were in a common-law relationship, luckily we had lived together for a few years so it wasnt an issue but did need to get stat. declarations and provide documentation to prove our status...
OK, thanks for the info. I'll take my common-law questions to the appropriate thread, where I imagine they've already been asked and answered by someone else!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitslane
Hi, Just a question, 2010 is ages ago! When you applied for it, did that me you could just stay while it was going through? Obv your initial visa etc prob ran out, how does it work? if your visa/work permit run out and you apply for PR you just stay? however long it takes
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

laura_beth is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys!

I have never applied to IEC before and I am very uncertain (but hopeful..) of getting this whole application business right!

So I decided at the wrong time to apply to this, during a heavy revision period for uni exams which have just finished! I want to go to canada around October of this year and now exams have finished I've been getting all the information I think I need together.

I won't be getting my ACRO through till at least Wednesday/ Thursday of this coming week and I just want to know if this is necessary to complete the first stage and receive my IEC acceptance letter?

The English part of the IEC is very uninformative, however, on the irish version of the website (in addition to showing the alarming rate at which places are decreasing....) it says;

As part of stage one of the application process to participate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative, you will be required to submit a scanned or electronic copy of the following documents to IEC Kompass. The designated IEC office will review these documents to assess your eligibility to participate in IEC. You may be requested to submit additional documents later in the process.

1. A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for at least one day beyond the date of your departure from Canada and there must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.
2. Proof that you have paid the IEC program participation fee.

I assume the english procedure will be the same, I would just like some clarification (and reassurance!) as to whether I can 'reserve' a place whilst waiting on my police check documentation!

I am so sorry this post is so long! I'm so nervous/ excited for this to all work out! Thanks for any advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.