International Experience Canada

Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:07 pm
Just Joined

spaynter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: International Experience Canada

That would be great. Some of the pages say you can be 35 but others don't. Either way the sooner it opens the happier i'll be. I don't want to leave.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaynter
That would be great. Some of the pages say you can be 35 but others don't. Either way the sooner it opens the happier i'll be. I don't want to leave.
For the UK, the upper age limit is currently 30 (inclusive though, so anytime up to turning 31 i.e. you can apply until May 2014). Other countries have the age limit of 35 though.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

empirestate is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RickD
As Empirestate says, lets just hope they're finalising details, which includes a 2 year visa and an age limit increase...
And free money would be good too :-p
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

If it is two years, I may miss out on a visa this year because looking at the Ireland "required documents" page your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada:

A legible photocopy of the identification pages of your passport (family names, given name(s), date and place of birth, passport’s issue and expiry dates). Your passport must be valid for at least one day beyond the date of your departure from Canada and there must be one completely blank page, other than the last page, available in your passport.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

MikeBrit will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
If it is two years, I may miss out on a visa this year because looking at the Ireland "required documents" page your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada:
I THINK you can apply and reserve your place so long as your passport has 1 year to run then so long as you get a new passport before you touch down in canada you're hot to trot
Old Jan 31st 2013, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

acrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond reputeacrylicus has a reputation beyond repute

You can apply for a new passport after you receive your LOI, read the FAQ's
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

yeastery is on a distinguished road

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 12 month visa probably launching by feb 15th and no free money. Rorgaygh
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

BritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond reputeBritishExpatriate has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to be honest, it doesn't look good from that perspective! I know I pointed out before that in all years up to now the passport only needed to be "valid" at the point of submitting an application and that there was nothing to suggest the rules would change- it looks like against all odds the rules may have actually changed!

I think some people think the visas are going to go really quickly this year but I don't see why personally: Last year and for the 3 years preceding last year, the UK has been in recession- if anything things have got marginally better in the UK so there's less of a reason for young people to leave to Canada. Anyway, given it took 5 months for last year's quota to fill, hopefully you'll at least be in with a chance, even if it turns out you need to first renew your passport via the British Embassy in Washington.

Just a thought btw, I have no idea if it is allowed or not, but couldn't you post your passport back to your family in Britain, and have them post it to have it renewed and send your new passport to you in Canada?...
Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritishExpatriate
I've got to be honest, it doesn't look good from that perspective! I know I pointed out before that in all years up to now the passport only needed to be "valid" at the point of submitting an application and that there was nothing to suggest the rules would change- it looks like against all odds the rules may have actually changed!

I think some people think the visas are going to go really quickly this year but I don't see why personally: Last year and for the 3 years preceding last year, the UK has been in recession- if anything things have got marginally better in the UK so there's less of a reason for young people to leave to Canada. Anyway, given it took 5 months for last year's quota to fill, hopefully you'll at least be in with a chance, even if it turns out you need to first renew your passport via the British Embassy in Washington.

Just a thought btw, I have no idea if it is allowed or not, but couldn't you post your passport back to your family in Britain, and have them post it to have it renewed and send your new passport to you in Canada?...
It's actually fine as acrylicus said. The Ieland FAQ has the following:

How long does my passport have to be valid for, in order to apply?

You must hold a valid passport at the time you submit your application. If you have been accepted as a participant and you are preparing to enter Canada through the IEC, the validity period of your passport should cover the whole time you plan to stay in Canada (up to two years). The validity period of your work permit may not extend beyond the validity period of your passport.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

cptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nicecptkid89 is just really nice

The IEC UK site, isn't working for me....are people saying that they have removed the thing saying it will be open by the 1st of feb and its still not open?

They are really taking the p*** with this, it was supposed to be open a month ago!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cptkid89
They are really taking the p*** with this, it was supposed to be open a month ago!
Out if interest, why do you think it was 'supposed' to open a month ago?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 7:20 am
Just Joined

sq85 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so annoyed right now.

I fly out for a holiday tomorrow until Tuesday and don't plan to spend a £1,000 on data charges refreshing the page

Does anyone know the chances of it opening over the weekend?

Would someone be kind enough to just send me a text to let me know if it opens in the next few days?
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:33 am
Just Joined

domdisc is an unknown quantity at this point

sq85, heres an idea.
Instead of spending '1000s' on refreshing the page, just look at this forum. Do you really think this page is going to go quiet when it opens? Simples.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Laura2109 is an unknown quantity at this point

sq85 - I really wouldn't worry about it. They certainly won't open today, and they won't open over the weekend as I'm pretty sure they only make any changes to the website/reply to emails during office hours (Canadian time)

Also I emailed the extremely useless "The IEC Team" and was told:

"Please be advised that all the details pertaining to the changes to eligibility criteria, opening date, application process, as well as duration of work permits, will be published on our website just prior to the opening of the 2013 working holiday initiative in order to allow applicants to prepare."

My question was: Is the statement that visas will open before February 1st still accurate? They could have just said no!!

Meaning they will put the eligibility criteria on the website, and give us time to prepare (like we aren't already!) before they open it. So who knows, but I really think you will be fine until Tuesday.

I'm SO annoyed too!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

onyourradar is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess my dream of flying out end of march just died � ����

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.