I'm new - Concerns about my PPR..

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:00 am
Just Joined

alexneve4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I'm new - Concerns about my PPR..

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, after reading a few posts which I find pretty helpful here; but it also brought up some questions and concerns..Im sorry about the long post - please..please take the time to read them?

I apologize in advance if I have post this new thread in the wrong section. I'm guessing that this forum is for British/US applicants..So please forgive me - but i figured that the way they handle cases and the time frame is pretty much the same.

We're applying Outside of Canada and I'm the sponsor- my wife's nationality is Japanese. Therefore, our case will have to be processed in Manila.

Long story short - Manila usually request for passport in the early stages, so when we sent in our application, we also wrote a letter informing Manila's Canadian Embassy that we will be needing our passports during this process and asked them to let us know when the visa is ready to be issued AND THEN we will send in our passport.

About last week we receive a generic letter which was scanned and forwarded to us by our representative in our email informing us that the visa is ready to be issued. Again, this is a generic letter they sent us.

So we basically sent out the passport right away by using DHL right away. On the tracker it says that the package was signed and received on March 13th 2008

Please help if anyone has any info:

1) What if our package has been tampered with and my spouse's passport was lost or stolen during the mailing process - Will I find out right away from the embassy? *previous bad experience with mailing...

2) If so, what should we do? Applying for a new passport may take some time. (we were given the timeline of having to enter Canada before September/medical result date and if we failed to do so, we will have to start the whole process over again.)

3) DHL tracker showed that they received the package on mar 13th, anyone has any clue on the approx. days/time frame of when I'll be getting it back?

*Please note that it only takes a day for our package to be sent to Manila on express mail.

Thank you all very much for your time in advance.
I'm just want to make sure thatI got everything done right at this very last stage.

Last edited by alexneve4ever; Mar 23rd 2008 at 12:25 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:11 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I'm new - Concerns about my PPR..

Sorry, but too many things in your post don't make any sense.

You claim of being a sponsor - why then did you submit your passport??? To sponsor family member you must be a Canadian citizen or PR, thus you are not getting any visa now.

What your wife's mother has to do with it all? If you sponsor your spouse then her mother cannot be included in the application anyway.

You have receipt (DHL tracker) that package was received, what else you want to track?

Manila received package just 10 days ago - expect passports back anywhere between 2 to 8 or so weeks if visas were really ready to be issued.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Thank you Andrew for your quick response, and sorry I wasn't being very clear,
didnt sleep all night =( just re-edited my original post.

By sending the passport, I mean't my spouse's (applicants) passport.

DHL states that they have received the package, but I would like to make sure that IF there is a way for me to find out that the passport has arrive there safely. *I have previous bad experiences during this process where the package has been tampered with, and certain documents were not inside*

So I guess the whole point of the questions is that we would like to prepare for the worst. =)

Last edited by alexneve4ever; Mar 23rd 2008 at 12:34 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 1:58 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

If DHL delivered it and the visa office signed for it what is your problem??
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Reghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to allReghuraj is a name known to all

DHL is quite a reputed company. I dont think its staff would tamper with the package. Secondly if at all there is any sign of tampering CHC would not have accepted it.

relax. I sent my passport via DHL too.

regs
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 7:35 am
Just Joined

umm.. sorry i didnt mean to upset anyone here with my problem.
I guess i'm just being paranoid because of all the wait..

but yeah,
Thank you all for taking the time to read my post and your reply

Last edited by alexneve4ever; Mar 23rd 2008 at 7:52 am.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reghuraj
DHL is quite a reputed company. I dont think its staff would tamper with the package.

MUOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm sorry but I needed a good laugh.

/YYZlover - ex DHL employee, will never use them.