Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help in finding? in Perth !!!!!!!!!

Help in finding? in Perth !!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold
Default Help in finding? in Perth !!!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone. I need help.I'm trying to find short term rental in Perth's northern suburbs for the end of January. I have tried Move to Perth,Poms in Perth,Get settled in Perth,to no avail. Can anybody else make some suggestions. We are running out of options and starting to panic a little.We need a 3/4 Bed with air con,pool.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all
Default Re: Help in finding? in Perth !!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi Everyone. I need help.I'm trying to find short term rental in Perth's northern suburbs for the end of January. I have tried Move to Perth,Poms in Perth,Get settled in Perth,to no avail. Can anybody else make some suggestions. We are running out of options and starting to panic a little.We need a 3/4 Bed with air con,pool.

Speak to sjoldfield on these forums.
She has a house near mindarie in the northern burbs that she rents out.
You'll find her in the members list and pm her.
We are booked to go next month ,she is really nice...
Lynn
Old Oct 4th 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Know how you feel.

Why don't you budget to stay in some kind of holiday type apartment or complex for a couple of weeks when you arrive? End of Jan is the end of the school holiday so prices should drop. This will then give you time to check out the local press for better options.
Can you change your sleeping arrangments temporarily? e.g go for 2 bedrooms with a couple of beds in each? This will give you more options.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

I don't mean to sound cheeky but are you sure you checked out movetoperth ? I've just been looking on their website and lots of their properties in the northern suburbs appear to be available at the end of January. Of course, they may not have updated the site and they may not be available at all.

The ones I looked at were: Hillarys Hacienda, Fremantle apartments, Ullswater Glade, Doves Retreat, Camden villa, Key Views, Bellport Cottage and Marine Terrace...they were all available at the end of Jan.

Apart from that, sorry I live in the southern burbs don't know where else to suggest.

I'm sure you'll find something though!

love sophia xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Yes Lynn from movetoperth is still trying to help us out.But as many of you know when emigrating, you have a budget,as we do.Due to the time of year some of the rents are very pricey.We are also trying to keep to a certain area due to schools for our children. These are a few of the things that are narrowing the margin for us.

Originally Posted by sophia
I don't mean to sound cheeky but are you sure you checked out movetoperth ? I've just been looking on their website and lots of their properties in the northern suburbs appear to be available at the end of January. Of course, they may not have updated the site and they may not be available at all.

The ones I looked at were: Hillarys Hacienda, Fremantle apartments, Ullswater Glade, Doves Retreat, Camden villa, Key Views, Bellport Cottage and Marine Terrace...they were all available at the end of Jan.

Apart from that, sorry I live in the southern burbs don't know where else to suggest.

I'm sure you'll find something though!

love sophia xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:40 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Some other suggestions here http://s10.invisionfree.com/Expats_i...p?showtopic=86
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya

Yeah I guessed that you must have checked it out. And yes, the rents were horrendously expensive (particularly at the peak time of year here)..but the last time I said I thought something was expensive on here I felt like I was being picked on!! so I didn't say owt this time!! :scared:

Good luck, hope you find something!! If you go for either a pool or aircon that would open up your choices a bit I would think rather than both.

love sophia xx
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:51 pm
Banned

Lewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond reputeLewis Lapthorn has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at the rentals on aussiehome.com?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:51 am
Short Term Holiday Rental

cedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura aboutcedar cottage has a spectacular aura about

If you think of trying the south, look at our page, two properties, one two hundred meters to beach (no work cleaning that pool), one with outdoor spa http://members.westnet.com.au/cedarcottage/ just in case there isn't anything available anywhere. Suzette and Will
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:25 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Just an idea if you are desperate go for an ordinary rental and then just pay the rent for 6 months, it will probably work out slightly cheaper for you than holiday accomodation in the long run and I can guarantee you will buy extra furniture when you arrive so you could get away with the basics for a month or two.

Think you may have a better chance if you ring the real estate guys over here, sign up for onetel it works out cheaper, give them all your details and get them to do the work you may get lucky, also good point to remember real estate fellas over here don't do specific areas, they can do all over so you may have to try most of them in the northern burbs.
Jenny