Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Old Apr 26th 2012, 5:21 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-130 timeline - when should I expect an initial response?

Originally Posted by MrsWaring
Thanks James. So roughly a week in your instance. I checked online credit card statement today and not yet showing. Would it be wise or even possible to contact them after a certain amount of time has lapsed to see if they have in fact received in and its not been lost in the Royal Mail?
It sounds like you did not use a trackable method of delivery on this? In the future, whenever sending documents anywhere for immigration, always use a trackable method, that way you at least know it got there.

Rene
Old Apr 27th 2012, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

JessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant future

Looks like there's quite a few of us that have sent in our I-130's at the same time.

I sent mine into the Embassy on 12 April and received an email this morning that our submisson date is logged as 24 April.

Not sure which date the fee was taken as my husband is paying for this out of his checking account (I had to pay for all my UK visas and ILR so it's only fair... )
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

Originally Posted by JessicaKate
Looks like there's quite a few of us that have sent in our I-130's at the same time.

I sent mine into the Embassy on 12 April and received an email this morning that our submisson date is logged as 24 April.

Not sure which date the fee was taken as my husband is paying for this out of his checking account (I had to pay for all my UK visas and ILR so it's only fair... )
Its great to know there are a few others going through the process at the same time. Did you send yours to the PO Box in London?
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

JessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant futureJessicaKate has a brilliant future

Its great to know there are a few others going through the process at the same time. Did you send yours to the PO Box in London?
No- to the physical address. We sent it registered as well. (although we never even checked to see what day it was signed for... LOL)
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really niceMrsWaring is just really nice

No- to the physical address. We sent it registered as well. (although we never even checked to see what day it was signed for... LOL)
lol. well hopefully it hasn't gone "missing" going to the PO box

we are not in too much of a rush as we are planning on Aug 2013 for moving. I had sent the I-130 off now as it says on Embassy London page to allow 10 months for whole process. But now I am hearing of people getting their visa's back within 6 months. So thinking I may have to delay things in the next stage lol.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

lol. well hopefully it hasn't gone "missing" going to the PO box

we are not in too much of a rush as we are planning on Aug 2013 for moving. I had sent the I-130 off now as it says on Embassy London page to allow 10 months for whole process. But now I am hearing of people getting their visa's back within 6 months. So thinking I may have to delay things in the next stage lol.
hopefully not.... but i don't trust the Royal Mail....

we're hoping September this year for our move... obviously that may be a bit hasty (and to anyone else reading don't you worry... this isn't my first time into the visa rodeo... i'm not buying my tickets across the pond til visa is in hand)...

the USCIS site says they are processing 2 Feb right now... so if it stays at about the same rate til they get to my/our date then i figure approval of the I-130 around mid July.

I'm pretty sure the visa gives you 6 month to enter once that's approved....
Old Apr 27th 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopefully not.... but i don't trust the Royal Mail....

we're hoping September this year for our move... obviously that may be a bit hasty (and to anyone else reading don't you worry... this isn't my first time into the visa rodeo... i'm not buying my tickets across the pond til visa is in hand)...

the USCIS site says they are processing 2 Feb right now... so if it stays at about the same rate til they get to my/our date then i figure approval of the I-130 around mid July.

I'm pretty sure the visa gives you 6 month to enter once that's approved....
Yeah def hold off on booking flights lol

As far as I can gather, you have to move to US within 6 months being granted visa. So I am figuring that if it looks like the interview is going to be before Feb (which seems likely at how quickly they are processing things at the mo) then I will need to hold off on hubby's medical until late Dec/early New Year. But at the same time, we live in the Highlands which means its a big risk making any appointments through the winter because high chance of being snowed in lol. It's our ten year anniversary in Oct so a trip to London then would be nice
Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I can gather, you have to move to US within 6 months being granted visa.
Just to clarify... you, personally, need to enter the US within 6 months of being granted the visa; your belongings don't actually have to move until sometime after, if you're not quite ready for them.

Ian