Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Student visa, PR application, and proof of intent to return to UK

Student visa, PR application, and proof of intent to return to UK

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

lcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of lightlcar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Student visa, PR application, and proof of intent to return to UK

Hi,
I am applying for a student visa, plus the necessary visas for my husband and children. We have already applied for permanent residency. Our PR application is dated May 2007.
I have been offered a place at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario, to study a one year Ontario College Graduate Certificate from September.
I understand that this puts us in the position of dual intent, and that we have to convince immigration that we will return to the UK at the end of a year.
Can anyone advise me on how best to provide this assurance?
The 'study plan' I have to write asks me to explain, for example, why I am not studying a similar course in the UK, and how this course of study will help my employment opportunities in the UK.
Should I word a 'covering letter' in a specfic way?
I'm grateful for any advice on how not to mess up our application!
Thanks.
Leanne